JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Prefer Handguns or Longguns at the range/out shooting

• Total voters
I think this Dude's answer would be: both ... at the same time.

GiantPistol.jpg

In light of your "introduction" to modern magnum handguns, you might enjoy "The Last Stand"
with Arnie, Johnny Knoxville, and SW 500. It will make you feel better.
Already seen it. I think I'll still go with "Quigley" instead...

My PCC's are far and away the most fun because even with my eyes that no longer work like they used to I can still (with optics) shoot like I was young and Eagle eyed again :D
My .22 hand guns get FAR more ammo run through them though just because it's cheap fun

Speaking of shooting wads. Try a little shot in front. It is called Trap, or Clays. I have been doing a lot more shotgunning lately. It takes skill, and it is a moving target. More fun than punching paper.

handguns,way. .41 at 100 yards. practice every week at least.
My .41 was sighted dead on at 50yds. 100 was not hard to do. I have a 16" gong at 100 yards that I love to practice with my 45 and 40 on. I think it's not only fun, but a good skill.

Regarding handguns...
Said I didn't have much use for 'em, never said I didn't know how to use 'em.

View attachment 754529

One of the best movie quotes I ever heard.
For fun: do you prefer to shoot handguns or rifles/shotguns more?

Yes.
My exact answer.
Long answer...
I find it much easier to play with my handguns. I keep nearly every tin can that comes through this household to use for that exact reason. I love handguns and have been shooting them as much as I could, or wanted to, my whole life. At one time I had upwards of 20 handguns I liked them so much. These days the collection of pistols and revolvers in this house includes ones owned by my wife. Off hand I believe we've got 9 still.
However, my first love was a Marlin 81DL. I was 6. I still have that rifle. I've not owned as many rifles as handguns, but I've done my most amount of handloading, modifying/upgrading and experimenting with rifles. I reload for handguns on a Dillon and once I've got a reliable, workable load, I make a bunch. With rifles I make every cartridge one by one because I am striving for something; velocity, accuracy, consistency. I check velocity and group sizes. I've resurrected old rifles, changed stocks, bedded actions, fit triggers, fit buttpads, refinished stocks and metal, mounted scopes, changed/installed sights etc.
I shoot handguns more, but get more involved when it comes to rifles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top