JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this initiative sticks, other states will adopt "semi-auto assault weapon" bans similar to ours. I hope to never see the UK solutions on our shelves, although I applaud them for their ingenuity.

MARS

Lever Release

I would deliver the rifle if the gas hole was plugged, so it required tools to manually modify the firearm and not simply slide gas tube and block onto it. Of course, I'm already suing the state in Federal Court to overturn this portion of the law.

I would deliver the rifle if the gas hole was plugged, so it required tools to manually modify the firearm and not simply slide gas tube and block onto it. Of course, I'm already suing the state in Federal Court to overturn this portion of the law.
That is what I figured, thank you. We appreciate your efforts and hope you and the others are successful.

This question is directed towards Washington FFLs. Will you complete transfers of manual loading AR rifles to the 18-20 crowd after I-1639 goes in to effect?What will be required to demonstrate the rifle is a manual loading rifle? For example no gas system, no gas port on barrel, etc. These manual loading rifles are very popular in the UK.
Another pretty capable straight pull AR short demonstration video:

My latest idea to plug the barrel gas port is as follows.

Drill a slight step in barrel gas port to fit the skinny size end of standard fsb taper pin.

Take a standard low profile gas block or front sight gas block and drill hole through gas block to mate up with barrel gas port.

Mount gas block and drive taper pin through gas block and seat into barrel gas port step.

Weld top of taper pin to gas block.

This would be comparable to the process used for securing a muzzle device to a short barrel to achieve 16" length.

It would be much easier to use a barrel with no gas port but they are very hard to find in the budget barrel market.

I have a funny feeling......
That this question is also about......
IF the receiver could be converted/easily converted back to it's "intended form" (as a semi-auto firearm).

So, would there be some liability.....if that were to occur?

Imagine the case.
I bought an AR15 look a like. But, the BCG came without a gas key. So, I put one in myself.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Not a FFL - but I am very capable of reading and understanding the RCW's which are there for anyone to read. Anything that is not a semi auto rifle doesn't per 1639 gain the term "semi automatic assault rifle" and is therefore not subject to it. This, for example, is why semi auto shotguns aren't subject to it either the same way that a semi automatic rifle is because a shotgun is not a rifle.

So if I were 18-21 and didn't have a relative who could gift me an AR (totally legal still) I'd buy a semi auto shotgun like a JM 930.

if someone were that determined to plug a hole and they had a welder, why wouldn't they just weld the hole closed and cut out half a dozen steps? Sometimes these experiment ideas go way off into the weeds of unnecessary work and complication

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top