JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This question is directed towards Washington FFLs. Will you complete transfers of manual loading AR rifles to the 18-20 crowd after I-1639 goes in to effect?What will be required to demonstrate the rifle is a manual loading rifle? For example no gas system, no gas port on barrel, etc. These manual loading rifles are very popular in the UK.

This question is directed towards Washington FFLs. Will you complete transfers of manual loading AR rifles to the 18-20 crowd after I-1639 goes in to effect?What will be required to demonstrate the rifle is a manual loading rifle? For example no gas system, no gas port on barrel, etc. These manual loading rifles are very popular in the UK.
Here is a minute long video of guy shooting side charging manual loading AR type rifle.

With this style of rifle you get all of the modularity benefits of the AR platform, a cleaner running firearm because DI gas system is not present, easy caliber changes, and it is not subject to semi-auto restrictions because it's not a semi-auto. In the case of I-1639 type restrictions it will be the closest firearm to the semi-auto AR15 that the 18-20 crowd will be able to purchase.

Edit: while these are often referred to as single shot ARs, I feel straight pull bolt action would be more appropriate. To me single shot rifles are generally break open and or don't hold more than round.

Last Edited:
yes

per 1639 language, quote:
Semiautomatic assault rifle is defined in the measure as follows:
Any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge. "Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.

Under the measure, a person under 21 years of age could not purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle. Persons between the ages of 18-21 would be able to possess a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle under the following condition...

Depending on the specific language input into WA statutory database, but right now strictly based on the measure's language the voters passed, an FFL can sell the single shot AKs to those 18 > 21 for their use and enjoyment!

From what understand the bill to read is
It does not matter what the fire arm is you will need to be 21 to purchase it (after you complete a $200.00 firearms safety course then pay for the $$$ gun then sales tax in washington $$$ then the SAR tax 25.00 then the FFL FEE $$ just add $250.00 to the purchase price )
So I will say No anyone who does sell to under 21 is not following the anti 2nd ammendment commie law liberal dems love this SH!T
I never thought i would see this sort of direct Violation of my constitutional right's by Useful IDIOTS but here we are trying to sort thru all this BULLSH!T
U see the big Picture is this ( Once it's gone your rights I'm talking about theres no going back) so the USEFUL IDIOTS who vote for this SH!T now when young are going to regret it when they get old and can't run away from trouble rant over

Last Edited:
Here is a minute long video of guy shooting side charging manual loading AR type rifle.

With this style of rifle you get all of the modularity benefits of the AR platform, a cleaner running firearm because DI gas system is not present, easy caliber changes, and it is not subject to semi-auto restrictions because it's not a semi-auto. In the case of I-1639 type restrictions it will be the closest firearm to the semi-auto AR15 that the 18-20 crowd will be able to purchase.

Edit: while these are often referred to as single shot ARs, I feel straight pull bolt action would be more appropiate. To me single shot rifles are generally break open and or don't hold more than round.
Nice try it's BLACK and Looks SCARY it's and assult gun hell my 10-22 is on the SH!T LIST

It does not matter what the fire arm is you will need to be 21 to purchase it (after you complete a $200.00 firearms safety course then pay for the $$$ gun then sales tax in washington $$$ then the SAR tax 25.00 then the FFL FEE $$ just add $250.00 to the purchase price )
So I will say No anyone who does sell to under 21 is not following the anti 2nd ammendment commie law liberal dems love this SH!T
I never thought i would see this sort of direct Violation of my constitutional right's by Useful IDIOTS but here we are trying to sort thru all this BULLSH!T
U see the big Picture is this ( Once it's gone your rights I'm talking about theres no going back) so the USEFUL IDIOTS who vote for this SH!T now when young are going to regret it when they get old and can't run away from trouble rant over
I think the new age ban only applies to semi-auto rifles.

hummm, guess fredball, you missed the specific 1639 initiative language under applicable firearm definition which stated in part, "...does not include ..., ..., or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.

What's to stop a person from buying a non FFL controlled semi-auto upper. Pinning it to the legally purchased manual [At the time] lower. And getting there semi-auto?

If its legal for a 20 year old to own, but not buy a semi auto?

What's to stop a person from buying a non FFL controlled semi-auto upper. Pinning it to the legally purchased manual [At the time] lower. And getting there semi-auto?

If its legal for a 20 year old to own, but not buy a semi auto?

Nothing........................... yet, just give the dims time outlaw uppers.

Ray

yes

per 1639 language, quote:
Semiautomatic assault rifle is defined in the measure as follows:
Any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge. "Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.

Under the measure, a person under 21 years of age could not purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle. Persons between the ages of 18-21 would be able to possess a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle under the following condition...

Depending on the specific language input into WA statutory database, but right now strictly based on the measure's language the voters passed, an FFL can sell the single shot AKs to those 18 > 21 for their use and enjoyment!
I am confident you are right, my concern is that FFLs might not be comfortable transferring these rifles to the 18-20 crowd, even though I, you and others believe they are perfectly legal to transfer to them. I would like to hear from a few FFLs on whether or not it is going to be a concern for them to transfer the manual loading AR's to those 18, 19 or 20 years old? What kind of details will they be looking at before they decide whether to complete a transfer? Somebody could potentially bring in a rifle with the gas tube missing and the gas block replaced with something like this to plug the gas hole on the barrel: Gas Block Extension – Spike's Tactical
I suppose if I was a super cautious FFL, I would be comfortable with no gas system and a barrel with no gas port. So FFLs what the consensus among you.

Edit: while these are often referred to as single shot ARs, I feel straight pull bolt action would be more appropiate. To me single shot rifles are generally break open and or don't hold more than round.

Another benefit of a manual loading rifle would be that you could ignore improper staking of the gas key or leave the gas key off altogether:)

Your 10/22 suffers from semi-auto syndrome which is why it's on the list. As far as I know, manual loading firearms regardless of how scary looking are not on the list yet.
really starting January 1st every gun will require u b 21 years of age ,
Now you see they have their foot in the door where does it stop ? It doesn't Stop

really starting January 1st every gun will require u b 21 years of age ,
Now you see they have their foot in the door where does it stop ? It doesn't Stop

Would you care to share the language in the law that backs your position?

Regardless, they can come to Oregon and still purchase a rifle for now. I imagine our Gov is talking with their Gov about fixing that problem this spring but for a few precious months at least we'll welcome young Washingtonians to make the trip south where the sales tax is lower and 18-20 year olds are still respected (a little bit)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top