JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't see how they can get away with that. Like i said before, some people will give up little pieces of liberty for the illusion of safety. They think the government is going to put a warm blanket around them and nothing will happen.
Need to wake up before one of these days we turn form citizens to public droins.
Dose not supries me in New York City, i mean you won't even be able to buy a decent sized soda there any more. There is no reason to stop me if i am walking my dog. Unless you want to pet my dog, but i am not breaking any laws.

My wife had a NY policeman tell her that she needed to take her pocket knife (a pink KaBar with a pocket clip) back to her hotel because they were illegal in Times Square...she told him she'd take it under advisement BAHAHAHAHAHA! How can a place issue a driver's license, but NOT allow someone to carry a pocket knife? I'm glad he was nice about it, but at the same time, it's f'n BS that it's a "law", and even more BS that he expected her to comply with it

"For all you pig lovers". Really?

I always suspected, but now it is obvious to me why you have absolutely no credibility on this board. Not that I disagree with some of your statements on this topic, but your lack of respect for LE as a whole shows what a knucklehead you are, not to mention a severe lack of character.

LOL, someone's mad! Gotta love how some people think certain professions or religions deserve respect simply because it exists and enough dummies believe the propaganda and lies.

Sheep will be sheep. Some people can accept tyranny. I cannot. Im just waiting for the right time . . .

People in positions of power almost always abuse that power. It takes a strong person to not abuse it. I know I have abused power before. For me to be aware that power is easily abused and to have still done it shows how easily it can happen.

Im not saying leo are bad people. Im saying most of them do not have strong enough character to not abuse the power they are given.

The day I see a police officer shoot and kill someone in cold blood and clearly not self-defense, get vilified by the gov/corp media for it, get fired and disgraced, banned from working in any LE function anywhere, have his assets taken away via the victim's family lawsuit, basically have his life ruined (as would happen to any of use average Joes) ....

.... then I will have a higher general opinion of LE.

Now, it is just seen as a tool for tyranny and does not enriched my life in any way whatsoever. Cut their budget 90% I don't care. Not a cop hater, and I know some cops are 'good,' but personally 90% of the functions they serve don't do anything for me.

Years of boob tube programming have turned people into gov/police worshipers as they cling to their false feeling of safety. As any rational person knows, cops will never be there when you need them unless you are a valued/preferred stock in the corp such as bank or a politician. For us common stock, police are there for our control and submission only. SHER-IFF root; person who looks over and controls the peasants and land.

And by point, you mean blithely asserting that LE deserve respect without giving any justification whatsoever. So yeah, that was rather easy to dismiss. :)

To me, I think the only justification needed to deserve respect is the fact that LE are human. I automatically respect everybody, be they police officers, teachers, plumbers, welders, fisherman, loggers, even lawyers and politicians, because I expect others to respect me. If somebody does something to affect that level of respect, so be it, but I will not blanket an entire group of people, be it race, religion, or choice of profession, with automatic disrespect. I respect everyone in general, but I have no respect for individuals whose actions tell me they deserve none. For instance, soldiers have been doing a lot of messed up stuff lately, thanks to PTSD and the stigma attached to seeking help, but I don't automatically assume that all soldiers are rapists and murderers.

To me, I think the only justification needed to deserve respect is the fact that LE are human. I automatically respect everybody, be they police officers, teachers, plumbers, welders, fisherman, loggers, even lawyers and politicians, because I expect others to respect me. If somebody does something to affect that level of respect, so be it, but I will not blanket an entire group of people, be it race, religion, or choice of profession, with automatic disrespect. I respect everyone in general, but I have no respect for individuals whose actions tell me they deserve none.

Yeah you see that's the entire point. Today's LE methodology has zero respect for civilians, ergo, the only cops who deserve respect are the ones who quit their jobs.

I am curious to know how this will be funded. Does the police chief think his SWAT members are going to work overtime with no pay? I didn't know Arkansas' economy had recovered to the point where they can afford to pay overtime for all these extra assignments. Seems like around here we are hearing about how departments are downsizing their staff and/or responding to fewer incident types to save money.

We could stop blowing people up half-way around the world and take our military bases out of their holy-land.

That would go a long ways towards not having people hating our country so intensely that they are willing to blow themselves up to do us damage.

Their rage is, in large part, completely understandable.

Everyone's talking about Adama Lanza, but no one seems to be talking about the fact that Obama has killed many times more children in drone strikes which he has personally authorized, knowing children would be killed.

Kinda puts those crocodile tears into perspective huh?

How dare you?! He's a Noble Peace winner and 2012 Time Magazine person of the year.
I hear that Al-Quida also voted him best ally.

You mean the Syrian 'rebels' and 'freedom fighters' fighting the 'regime.' Didn't we call them that in Afghanistan in the 80s? So sad.

Sure, now that it's Obama that is killing them, all of a sudden there's empathy. The day after 9/11 I bet most on this site wanted the entire Middle East bombed back into the stone age, man, woman, and child.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top