Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

For all you obama lovers

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by joken, Dec 16, 2012.

1. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I can't count the times I have heard you defend obama and assure everyone that he would never try to enact more gun laws. I could spend some time and find the old threads and name names, but I won't. Most people that frequent these forums know who you are. Ken

2. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Gun control legislation will never make it to Obama's desk in the next two years, minimum.

The Democrats lack a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, and are down 33 seats in the House.

Misterbill and (deleted member) like this.
  3. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Many seem to be forgetting the Heller Decision as well. Hard to argue a AR is not in common use when I can drive to Walmart and choose from one of three different makes.

BTW, I didn't vote for Mr Obama x2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4. joken

What about his executive order propensity? I hope you are right, but that isn't exactly the topic of my post.

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Obwan said "whatever power this office holds" he will use, guess what that includes as well as allowing the UN to re-write our laws.

6. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

boy aint that the truth i tried to bet a guy 500$ that he would try within his first year of reelection and even though he didnt think he would wouldnt take the bet

7. joken

Wasn't the street sweeper shotgun banned a few years ago without legislative proceedings?

8. SBC97281

SBC97281 Oregon Active Member

I hope you are right. I do not believe O himself is pro or anti gun. His personal goals appear quite different and he will have his plate full with economic issues for a long time. But, as a Mr. Obama is a Democrat and they are not a party noted for the strong support of the second ammendment, we should remain extra vigilent and stay in contact with our elected officials.

Lush and (deleted member) like this.
  9. SBC97281

SBC97281 Oregon Active Member

I hope you are right. I do not believe O himself is pro or anti gun. His personal goals appear quite different and he will have his plate full with economic issues for a long time. But, as a Mr. Obama is a Democrat and they are not a party noted for the strong support of the second ammendment, we should remain extra vigilent and stay in contact with our elected officials.

10. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

That's always a possibility.

I think if we don't see any action in the next month, we won't see any at all.

People have a short attention span for these things.

11. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

just wondering when has he taken care of the economic issues that have already been going on it seems hes been busy with lots of other agendas like health care gun running to mexico killing ambasadors drone strikes mabye starting wars in syria...... Oh sorry in advance for not punctuating but im on a damn i phone

12. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Spanaway Member

I also heard those Obama lovers defend him "he won't sign any gun control..." I guarantee if it gets to him you can kiss your guns goodbye.

Thankfully, at least for the next 2 years, it won't likely get out of the House or Senate to him.

13. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

What is the OP talking about? On first read it just looks like someone started a thread to bubblegum on other forum members and intimidate them based on a single difference of opinion. I can't see how that's productive to this forum in any way. Search through my posts all you want, you won't find what you're looking for.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  14. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I hate to sound heartless and minimizing on the Connecticut tragedy (I certainly don't mean any offense to anyone), but President Obama and congress best get back to work on the economy otherwise there are going to be more problems...

15. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Playboypenguin is on of my favorite characters and posters on this site and youtube and i normally see eye to eye with him i am waiting for his next video, he was heated in the last one and rightfully so

16. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

He enacted more gun laws? Really? When did he do that?

17. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

I agree with MountainBear... bigger fish to fry right now. And, if any Executive Order was to be signed there would be rioting in the street.

18. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Sorry for off topic question, but now I'm interested, could you site any reference for this? I hadn't heard about this, nor which 'street sweeper' this was referring to?

19. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

What they best do is quit thinking that they have the ability to fix the economy; they do not.
    What they have is the ability to harm the economy. If central planning worked the USSR would still be around, and thriving.

20. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Not yet, but let us not forget that statement from his previous chief of staff about not letting a crisis go to waste.