JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm working on creating an in-car computing array that integrates my laptop with my sound-system. Because the lappy will also function as my GPS system I'm very interested in a more secure mounting than on the seat next to me. Do those of you with relevant experience using mounted laptops have any particular gripes with how the setup works?

I'm aware of the few suppliers of pre-fabbed systems and am planning on a custom option as I want it to fold away completely if there is a need for room in the passenger seat.

I'm not an LEO but I do a lot of mobile computing and have some advice for you. Unless you park in a heated garage don't ever leave a "normal" laptop in a vehicle overnight. I've seen many people securely mount consumer laptops in work vans and they often fail in less than a year. The cause is condensed moisture inside from temperature swings. My Vaio died this way. I ended up with a military surplus Itronix IX260+ (GoBook 3) rugged laptop off eBay. It came with a locking vehicle cradle, has an internal GPS that beats the pants off of everything on the consumer market, is waterproof, drop proof, vibration proof, EMP resistant, and an all-around cool machine. It was under $300 shipped, BTW. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top