JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those look nice, however, as for me that height boot will rub my skin raw even when wearing soft Smartwool or other soft wool socks. Cotton socks are worthless for me as well. Have you dealt with this issue at all?
Apologizes for not answering your question earlier! I haven't had issues with the hight of the boot or any wearing or chafing! For socks, I abandoned wool long ago, as well as any insulated socks, preferring the Sports performance type socks like the Under armor and Russle or Addies Tech socks, they are a lot like a nice pair of dress socks but a lot stronger, and they pretty much eliminate sweating and chafing or other uncomfortable fitments, as long as the boots fit snug, there should be no issues! Bonus for these is the 3 zone lasts, which can be adjusted individually when you lace them up, making them super comfy! :D

It's easy to have a heart attack at the prices, but absolutely nothing will give you the level of comfort as a shoe or boot with REAL moccasin construction.

I have been wearing these Oboz Bridger boots for about 4 years now. I always wear them because I wear orthotics for flat feet and I have ankle trauma from military service. Never been much of a sandle guy, kind of like not going to the store in my pajama pants. I also wear smartwool socks, they never smell at the end of the day and my feet stay super comfortable and clean.

SUD.jpg

I used to occasionally wear sandals when I was young, but only occasionally wear flip flops inside the house now. One step outside and I am accosted by brambles and weeds and a myriad of other things that attack my feet and accumulate in open footwear - not to mention stubbing my toes on various things or dropping things on my feet.

I have a pair of 9" all leather Carhartt boots that have lasted me years. Maybe 9+

I waterproof them once a year at the beginning of fall and they have never leaked.

This last hunting season Was the first time my feet were even a little sore so they will get new insoles and I'll break those in by the end of the summer.

Nicks foresters
Nicks packers
Custom made, spokane
I have a near new pair of whites smokejumper centennial and I don't like them

Attachments

• 20200726_175524.jpg
    20200726_175524.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200726_175619.jpg
    20200726_175619.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 130
My favorite military boots of all...
The old fashioned US Army Jungle Boot....The old style with Green sides and "Panama" soles.
Wore those a lot when I was in the Army...Wore 'em a lot when I got out...
Sadly "Taps" has been played over my last issued pair...many moons ago.

Or....

My issued "Jump Boots"...
Again very comfortable , after being broken in....and like the above mentioned Jungle boots...
Sadly long gone....
Andy
I'm right there with you. I still have two pairs of them. I sent them home and never wore them in country. After I got back, I started wearing them alternating each pair every other week. Soon the insoles fit my feet perfectly. They became my hiking boots. They are old and almost worn out (a lot like me) but I still put them on when I'm headed out to target shoot. I've had several former vets ask me about them. Good 'ol boots!

So far, the Shoe Goo works.

If you ever sit around a campfire with your boots towards the fire to get your feet warm or you stomp on the fire to put it out, or something like that, then that can cause the glue they use to melt/etc., and then you will have problems. My Merells did that because I was pouring water onto slash piles and walking thru the ashes/etc. while it was all still very hot (it was hot for months) and that destroyed the glue.

Those boots are just for working on the property, I have other boots for long walks - which I will probably never take due to my heart condition - but they stay in my daily driver just in case.

I have used Shoe Goo on my old hiking boots that use for yard work now and it works great. I have also repaired a coupe of pair of slippers where the soles broke loose.

I like the spin on the laces between the eyelets and the hooks.

Andy I had been thinking all this time you wore sandals while you were in the Legions carrying your Gladius. For me it has been Danners for a very long time. Either Ft Lewis or Acadia's (used 'em at work). Have half dozen pairs or so, some I have never even worn yet. One thing I liked about those two models is they are recraftable which I have had done to a couple of pairs over the years. The negative is inexpensive they are not.
My favorite military boots of all...
The old fashioned US Army Jungle Boot....The old style with Green sides and "Panama" soles.
Wore those a lot when I was in the Army...Wore 'em a lot when I got out...
Sadly "Taps" has been played over my last issued pair...many moons ago.

Or....

My issued "Jump Boots"...
Again very comfortable , after being broken in....and like the above mentioned Jungle boots...
Sadly long gone....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews