JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know of a local PDX area source for some Food Grade 35% hydrogen peroxide? I did find a website for a Vancouver source (Healthy Harvest/Country Store) but would prefer a closer (west side PDX) store front source. I've already tried the health food department and pharmacy at both Freddy's and SafeWay. Thanks.

It can be used as a USDA certified organic, cleaner for pots pans etc.

It can be used to clean water, or wounds, or other antimicrobial uses.

Bleaching hair, cleaning up blood.

It may be able to be used, (not sure) as an oxidizing agent for some things that go boom. Although it is definately not concentrated enough to be used as rocket fuel

What would something like this be used for out of curiosity?

As jacknast76 mentioned, there are many uses depending on the grade and additives (if any). Here are a couple of sites with some applications. I'm sure there are many more. Medical applications are common in Europe and Australia but seemingly not well recognized or accepted by the medical community or pharma industry in the U.S.

www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com
www.1minutecure.com

As jacknast76 mentioned, there are many uses depending on the grade and additives (if any). Here are a couple of sites with some applications. I'm sure there are many more. Medical applications are common in Europe and Australia but seemingly not well recognized or accepted by the medical community or pharma industry in the U.S.

www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com
www.1minutecure.com

My folks used it on cuts when I was a kid, I think it's more old school than anything. U.S. pharma pushed so many antimicrobials on us in the last 50 years because they can make more money on them.

Any hydroponics store in the area. American Agriculture is one place. Very easy to find in Portland area.

http://www.americanag.com/

Phone

1 (800) 433-6805
(503) 256-2400 - Portland Store
(503) 641-3500 - Beaverton Store

hydroponic stores carry 29% reagent grade if any at all. I tried your link and about a dozen others I Googled but to no avail. Thanks anyway :)

I put a few drops in water and sip it during the day. It alkalizes the blood and provides a bit of oxygen, both good for my system.

I'm curious about this use and have read information on this in the past.
Has it provided any noticeable changes in your overall health? and what got you started using it?

I'm curious about this use and have read information on this in the past.
Has it provided any noticeable changes in your overall health? and what got you started using it?

Can't say on a day to day basis, but I would say it has a positive effect with no negative side effects. But this is how I came upon it...I once got a moderate case of scabies, something that some people say they couldn't get rid of, or took years to get rid of. After deciding to not use the prescription medicine, which may not work and has side effects, I researched self-medication. I started using H2O2 in water with a pinch of borax, and was cured in about six weeks. I've been taking it since.

Also, cancer prefers an environment with low oxygen and higher acidity. There's less oxygen in the air compared to a century ago, and our modern foods tend to acidify the blood. I think the H2O2 helps both issues in the long term.

Along with lecithin, H2O2 could help remove cholesterol and calcium plaque in the arteries. My bad cholesterol has gone down, but can't be pinned to H2O2 alone.

I'm not a medical doctor and I don't play one on TV. But I have less and less confidence in western medicine.

Hydrogen peroxide damages skin tissues at the cellular level and destroys blood platelets which cause clotting and stop bleeding, and slows the healing of wounds. If nothing else is available, it does disinfect them and prevent infection, though, which could save a life in an emergency or if the SHTF. More soldiers in the Civil War died of secondary infection than they did of their wound and it was often gangrene. A lot of amputations were done due to infection. I think they would have been happy to have and know about hydrogen peroxide.

Drinking it full strength (35%) can kill you. The fumes of 35% are explosive.

I have no idea what drinking a highly diluted amount regularly would do.

It's great for disinfecting medical tools such as your household thermometer, a toothbrush, mixed with a paste of baking soda for a tooth-whitening tooth paste (but don't swallow) and other routine disinfecting and bleaching.

It's a bleach so keep it off clothes, carpets, etc.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads