JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just thought i would let a few of you know --- i'v been "hacked" !!
after working with "hotmail" people for over a wk. i had to estab. a whole new email acct. !!
now to some, this might not seem like a big deal,but to me, that has about 30 diff. accounts---it has been a nitemare to fix --
my cp wiz made a "suggestion" after about 8 months to a yr. change "password" it can save you a lot of grief.......

steven

my daughter gave me a suggestion--- post all of my passwords, and secret questions in a locked folder-that i can access at anytime . also any "contacts" that you have in email can be put in same folder .
my thoughts only.........

steven

Just make sure you have a secure network and file sharing is off and that should be fine. Your connection can be hacked by someone parked outside your house fairly easily. But most thieves drive around and look for open networks.

Look at password safe and keepass. Free software that uses a password to create and maintain a secure list. You can have different ones for every account and have the program randomly generate them.

fellas----- i'm "62" and i'm not going to try to start working with new software vrs. all the new tech. stuff--- i'm just trying work with a simple method !
here's one to think about--- i set up a new account with "hotmail" they of course asked for an answer to a secret question-- i always pick the same question , along with the same answer ! now -- i went to sign in to my new "hotmail" account , and clicked on the (forgot password) just to check things out . up comes three options in order to regain password or to reset password ! well !! beleive it or not, my secret question was (name two childhood friends)this is not the same question that i answered just 24 hrs. ago---- the question changed !! , and of course i didn't have the answer for the new one . DUH !!
so i just clicked out , and signed in with my current password, and it went just fine ------ i now have contacted "hotmail" to have them figure out , WUZ UP ??........... cuz - this is what happened to my old account-- the wrong question was asked for me to give an answer too , and i had no power to change it !! i'll keep ya posted !

steven

WOW had the same email address since aug 2000 changed my password 3-4 times along the way. No problems. I do have a Gmail account and 2 screen names on AOL I use but again no problems. Wouldn't go near HOTMAIL with a 10' pole.

It's a major pain in the you know what. My Gmail account got hacked a couple of months ago and it was a nightmare. Luckily I caught it early enough that I was able to salvage the account but not before about 1000 spams went out.

It's a major pain in the you know what. My Gmail account got hacked a couple of months ago and it was a nightmare. Luckily I caught it early enough that I was able to salvage the account but not before about 1000 spams went out.

When mine got hacked, they didn't change the password but started forwarding every email to another account. That was a wakeup call for me. Stronger passwords. I made my password longer, used caps and non caps, numbers, and non alphanumeric characters. Then I just started using the pw managers and have them do it for me.

I won't use Hotmail either, but it is Google that I will not go near with a 100 foot pole.
I do not trust them one bit. They have proven over and over again that they do not deserve to be trusted. Too many times I've seen instances of their disregard for personal privacy as well as intellectual property.
Also won't use their search engine if I want to keep my search private. For those occasions I use isquick.com - it is the only search engine that I know of that does not save the searches.

I have seen that with other accounts
Never heard of or would have selected the question they asked - I had a different want on my password list.

So the old " Security question" is not a very good tool.

ST Rider - Great article

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads