JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
5F01F7F4-A581-414C-B4AC-4948758BFE58.jpeg
Momma just brought home a tote sack of these from the Beanie Baby, Buffalo Jerky, and Beam Bottle Bazaar.
Sure do love Mama.

Great memories!
Almost all of our ammo was bought at Kmart or JC Penney's growing up!
Sometimes it was Sears, Montgomery Wards or Coast to Coast.
I sure do miss seeing a young boy by himself being able to go to the cash register and buy ammunition. I use to do it all the time and it was absolutely normal to do it and see it.

I was buying CCI MM when I was a kid too young to buy hand gun ammo but some places would sell it if you said it was for a rifle. Can't remember what it was then but even back then it was normally worth it to me for how well it performed. Some times when pennies were tight I would buy a brick of the cheaper stuff but it always left me wishing I had just bought the CCI

It's quite amazing, when you think about it. My friends and I used to take our .22's and walk along busy streets, headed for the public hunting grounds in west Vancouver. We were all about 12 years old. There might have been five of us. We didn't shoot each other or shoot inanimate objects. We did shoot rabbits, dress them out and bring the hides home to be tanned. The thought of doing something stupid just never occured to any of us. I wonder what's changed besides the passage of time?

Just a few years back we were spending some time in NW Minnesota in a small town called Crookston. I walked out the back door with my Grandpa and he would hand me a box of twenty twos and a pump rifle. It would sit in the cloak room under my jacket with the box on ammunition going to the teacher with my name on it. If I had been good she would give them back and I'd grab the rifle, go out the back way, making a loop of about 3 miles or so, shooting whatever looked interesting. Rabbits, Squirrels or maybe a snapping turtle or two.

Them were the days!!!

It's quite amazing, when you think about it. My friends and I used to take our .22's and walk along busy streets, headed for the public hunting grounds in west Vancouver. We were all about 12 years old. There might have been five of us. We didn't shoot each other or shoot inanimate objects. We did shoot rabbits, dress them out and bring the hides home to be tanned. The thought of doing something stupid just never occured to any of us. I wonder what's changed besides the passage of time?
When in High School it was common for those with access to a car to have guns. Going shooting or hunting after. Or to show off to others between class the new one we had. No one got shot, Police were not called. Principal brought in his rifle one day to loan to another student who got a Deer tag and wanted to use it. Imagine that today?:eek:

yup you and me both, I used to take my first hunting rifle on the bus for show and tell in the 4th grade, no one ever batted a eye, my Dad made sure it was unloaded of course.

When I was in elementary school (nowhere WA state in the 60s) they'd occasionally have kind of a take your dad to work day thing and the coolest best one ever was a western quick draw dude in full cowboy regalia doing two handed pistol spins and throws!

Man, can you imagine that happening today :eek:o_O

When I was in elementary school (nowhere WA state in the 60s) they'd occasionally have kind of a take your dad to work day thing and the coolest best one ever was a western quick draw dude in full cowboy regalia doing two handed pistol spins and throws!

Man, can you imagine that happening today :eek:o_O
Yes and I can imagine liberal minds dissolving just before the SWAT team shows up...

When in High School it was common for those with access to a car to have guns. Going shooting or hunting after. Or to show off to others between class the new one we had. No one got shot, Police were not called. Principal brought in his rifle one day to loan to another student who got a Deer tag and wanted to use it. Imagine that today?:eek:

It wasn't all that long ago, but I remember firearms in pickup trucks during hunting season when I was in High School. I'm fairly certain it was technically not allowed, but no one cared, no one got in trouble, no police arrived, and no one got hurt. It would never fly now though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top