JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
There have been many threads that I have been following and then the notifications just stop coming. Is there a limit to how many we can follow? If I go back to the thread and click on it then the notifications will start coming again. Just not sure if I was missing something :confused:

You get a notification if someone has posted since you last viewed at thread. Further posts may occur but you won't receive a notification unless you revisit the thread.

Upvote 0
In the fine print of the emails sent when you have a new notification:

"You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages."

Upvote 0
There have been many threads that I have been following and then the notifications just stop coming. Is there a limit to how many we can follow? If I go back to the thread and click on it then the notifications will start coming again. Just not sure if I was missing something :confused:

I've actually had the same problem on occasion.

I'll hit the new Post button after reading thru my alerts and then see a couple threads I've been following (or made) and they are there in the new posts list but I never received an alert.

I see them anyway so I didn't think tonsay anything but I have been having those issues for awhile.

Upvote 0
You get a notification if someone has posted since you last viewed at thread. Further posts may occur but you won't receive a notification unless you revisit the thread.

I always try and go to the thread and catch up on the reading. If I decide to not then I click unfollow thread. At least I know I am not loosing it if it is happening to Joe as well.

Upvote 0
I'm having kind of an opposite problem. I wish to stop email notifications every time I get an alert. It gets kind of annoying having both my phones going off every time someone replies. Ive went into the preferences and unchecked the boxes regarding email notifications, and I'm still getting them. Ive started unfollowing threads just to get the emails to stop. Anyone point me to what I'm missing?

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top