JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are your defenses / plans against these types of crimes?
- what entrance do you have ? example Walk from car to front door in Apartment is different than parking inside your Garage.

ref other threads:

LAPD: 17 Gangs Target L.A.'s Richest Residents in 'Follow-Home' Attacks
Breitbart, by Joel B. Pollak Original Article

LATimes, BY KEVIN RECTOR: LA_Times_Article

"LOS ANGELES, California — Seventeen gangs are targeting the city's wealthiest residents, often following them out of stores and restaurants before robbing them, according to a new task force of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday on the results of an investigation into the phenomenon of "follow-home" or "follow-off" robberies, which have been part of a major crime wave experienced by residents over the past few years. The Times reported: More than a dozen Los Angeles gangs are targeting some of the city's wealthiest residents in a new and aggressive manner, sending out crews in multiple..."

Good discussion. I think the links in the OP have different answers. Follow home may be related to home invasion but could be different. The Utah case indicates it was not random and a suspect known to the attackers. Situational Awareness is...situational. I am likely going to notice someone following me to my abode and will (have in the past) keep driving to make sure I'm not being followed. We need to think about where we are coming from; gun stores and jewelry stores are different than leaving Target.

Home invasions are a different cup of tea. They could be related to follow home or you could be followed home from a high end store with the home invasion following later. They could also be random. Have a plan, pay the "what if" game, communicate with family members.

Situational awareness. Aka don't be a naive dumb a$$. And if that fails shoot them in the face.

My little bro in Cali had a follow home happen, they got him at a gas station and cleaned him out! Of course, Cali makes it impossible to get a carry permit, so he did what he could with pepper spray and a legal sized knife, dude got my bro's money, along with several hundred stitches as my bro is not only a mixed martial arts expert, but is quite skilled with a blade!

Last Edited:
9E17E991-952A-4DE8-94BD-78ADF502C50D.jpeg

After some time with law enforcement I'm always checking to see if I'm being followed.
If you're being followed, whether in your car or on foot. don't go to your house.
It's a Good way to get people You care about put in unnecessary danger. Just keep driving, call the po-po and tell the dispatcher where u are driving to get an officer there.
Basic tips:
-always carry
-situational awareness, head on a swivel
- if you have young kids, make sure they know where to take shelter while you're on the defense.
-always have a back up plan.
-fight like you're the third monkey to show up to Noah's ark. And it's starting to rain.

Living in a residential neighborhood, following me home would start to get obvious rather quick. But I'm also not ridiculously unaware of my surroundings and blind to obvious signs of being scoped out.

Lots of options to take once you are aware of the situation, not stopping at home initially would be probably the first one, not even giving them an address to check on later.

Surveillance Detection Routes are always a good idea. Say, instead of making a left turn, overshoot to the next block and make three rights--if they're still following you divert to the nearest police station.

The " ups left ".

Never thought of using it this way.
Smart
Another SDR is instead of taking your usual direct routing, switch to the paralleling street to either side of the one you're on and see if they're still following--the idea is to force a sequence of turns that there's no conceivable way them being with you all the way through is coincidence. OTOH, with Tile and AirTag they don't even need to physically follow, just watch you on the app then look for where you stop...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top