JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like the WSP needs to "Send" this info packet to the address on the request and then sit on it and see who shows to collect, then DOX the hell out of them and their masters! Bet I can guess who is really behind this!:mad::mad::mad:

Love how the person requesting the information is 100% anonymous.

The irony.

Love how the person requesting the information is 100% anonymous.

The irony.
RIGHT! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
What do "They" fear that they would wish to remain anonymous?
Could it be that they are a well known public figure, a celebrity, corporate head, or Politician?
I wonder what nefarious agenda this person has:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lars Larson spoke to one of the turn-in individuals today that has hired an attorney to keep his information sealed.

Going to cost a lot more than the $150 he got for his bump stock.

"The public has a right to know that these dangerous devices may have been in neighborhoods that they live in and who has previously owned such devices."

Bull-effing-s*** :mad:

"The public has a right to know that these dangerous devices may have been in neighborhoods that they live in and who has previously owned such devices."

Bull-effing-s*** :mad:

I would like the address and personal information of the person asking for the foia request. I have a right to know where this anti liberty turd pile lives so I can stay away from the weak snowflake. dont-forget-kids-snitches-get-stitches.jpg

Irritation factor: 10
Surprise factor: 0

What I do find surprising is that there are gun owners out there that were stupid enough to provide their ID to a representative of a state government that is openly hostile to firearms owners to secure payment for a firearm accessory that was made illegal.

Why? What difference does it make now, if the "dangerous devices" have already been turned in and gone from the neighborhood. Your safe now. :D

Someone does not understand the FOIA exemption regarding PII.

It would be nice if there is an actual exemption for those who turned in bumpstocks. But for the antis to go and try to dox everyone who followed the law and set them up to get robbed or worse, that's just moronic. All they're doing is saying, "follow the laws and we will get you" which can only encourage people to NOT follow the law.

I looked through the whole public records chapter for "personally identifying information": Chapter 42.56 RCW: PUBLIC RECORDS ACT Aside from public transportation, hunting/fishing licenses, churches and some irrelevant edge cases, I'm not sure if there is anything clearly spelled out that would prevent the bump-stock relinquishers' info from being released.

There are some exceptions in the firearms chapter (search for "42.56"): Chapter 9.41 RCW: FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS Again though, nothing clearly protective:
  • 9.41.097: Mental health information of pistol purchasers and CPL applicants is exempted.
  • 9.41.129: The DOL backdoor registry on pistols and "semi-automatic assault weapons". Also those in CPL database. This info exempt.
  • 9.41.340: People involved in requesting a firearm be confiscated and receiving notification when it is returned. Exempt.
  • 9.41.350: People who do a voluntary waiver of firearm rights are exempt.
Hopefully I just missed it and there IS protection.

Last Edited:
I don't see anything in 42.56.230 that applies to participation in the bump stock compensation plan. As for 42.56.590, that appears to deal with a situation where hackers gain access to information illegally and requires the agency that got hacked to notify those affected -- it doesn't protect the privacy of people who sold their bump stocks to the state voluntarily.

This guy called it on March 17th: Washington's Bump-Fire Stock Buyback Program: Is $150 Worth The Risk?

My first thought on this voucher program was to wonder if this information was subject to public disclosure. Would an applicant for the voucher face the possibility of being personally identified by anyone who submits a public disclosure request for these records?

The article also mentions other potential problems (aside from the robbery risk) -- being on the list could garner more attention from officials, it could negatively impact a person's employment prospects.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top