JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a Fobus holster many years ago when I owned a Golck 27. It was definitely better than the first Kydex holster I tried which was an Uncle Mike's, but it was before the Blackhawk CQC holsters were on the market. If I were to get a Kydex OWB holster today, I would go with the Blackhawk if they made one to fit the pistol I wanted it for. Otherwise, the Fobus is OK.

Too cheap and flimsy for anything more than playing cap guns with your kids.

The one I had was OK, but then again it was for a Glock. I don't have a Glock anymore and doubt I ever will. That being said, I'm not about to put a $1,000+ 1911 into a cheap kydex holster. I buy well made top line leather holsters for my 1911's.

I have a fobus for owb carry and like it. My bro-in-law bought a kydex uncle mikes and thought he could turn it upside down and his glock hit the floor. Not as good retention as the fobus. To slick it up for smooth draws, spray a rag with 'armor all' and wipe down the inside. Be sure to dry it.

I have a fobus for owb carry and like it. My bro-in-law bought a kydex uncle mikes and thought he could turn it upside down and his glock hit the floor. Not as good retention as the fobus. To slick it up for smooth draws, spray a rag with 'armor all' and wipe down the inside. Be sure to dry it.

That's what I didn't like about the Uncle Mike's Kydex holster I first tried. The tension screw kept working loose and it wouldn't properly retain the pistol. The Fobus had much better retention.

I guess whether Fobus "sucks," depends on what you want. I've carried several guns in Fobus paddle holsters for several years, both "civilian" and police. I don't care about holster wear on my guns, and I find they secure my firearms very well. If I wanted to keep my guns pretty, I'd never take them out of the safe. Even a lined leather holster will over time show wear on the metal.

Once I found one of them starting to lose it's shape. I contacted Fobus and they swapped it out, straight across, for a new one. For what they are designed to do, they have served me well. Are they designed to be level 3 security holsters? Nope.

Mixed bag in my experience. I have one for my G19 that holds on to the gun so tight I can barely get it out. Long ago I had one that the gun was really loose in. I tried one with the adjustable angle paddle, and it broke almost immediately... For a cheap range holster it's OK, just stick to the basic paddle or belt design, and toss it if it gets loose. Just riveted together so there is no adjustment at all, nor any reasonable repair unless you have some riveting gear.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top