JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own and have owned a lot of pistols, but for some reason FN has never appealed to me and I don't know why. I did some trading yesterday and part of the deal is a FNX 9 with a FDE slide. I haven't fired the gun, but I think I will like it. It's very light for it's size, feels good and has a nice SA trigger, DA is real heavy, but I can live with that if necessary.

Like you I'd never really been a huge FN fan. However I recently purchased a FNX Tactical in 45ACP and I'm very impressed. Hopefully you will have the same results I did. Enjoy :D

I've been using an FNX 9 for a carry pistol for a few years now. I'm ready to go to a S&W shield now. Aside from the issues of using a mid frame sized pistol as a IWB carry, the magazine release on the FNX protrudes so much, that if i were to move just right, like sitting in a car, I would release the mag without me knowing it.

Firing it, I'm not as impressed as I am with my Beretta 92FS, but it's still a good gun to shoot.

I like seeing polymer guns with that weird flappy thing on the back that hits the gun when you pull the trigger. Not sure what that's all about but it looks cool.

Enjoy the FNX

Last Edited:
I've only had two FN's and both were High Powers so my experience with their striker fired pistols is zero. IIRC, I handled an FNX Compact 9mm and I liked the way it felt in hand but I didn't dry fire it.
So I'll just quietly wait here for a range report. ;)

Picked up an FNP 45 4 years ago. It's a "usg" model with a safety/decocker, I have been no more than a few feet from it for all this time. Imho you can't beat any fn.

Took it to the range today and am real disappointed. Three different loads and it would not group under probably 10" at 20 yards from the bench. I like the gun so I think I'll call FN tomorrow and see what they have to say. I don't want to sell someone my problem.

Talked to FN support today and they were very nice to work with. Found out the gun was shipped to a distributor in April 2017 so it is as new as it looks and feels. They told me to shoot it some more and to send it in if accuracy doesn't improve. They said to shoot a couple boxes of American Eagle. I actually bought a box today just for the heck of it. Stay tuned.

I have an FNX9 and i really like it. I take it to the range every time I go and fire 50 to 100 rounds though it. I typically use FMJ rounds mostly when I go to the ranges but I shoot a couples of magazines of 147gr HST as well.

It's not the shooter. I have guns that I could shoot you in either eyeball at 20 yards. The slide to frame fit is polymer typical and the barrel hood will depress .028 cocked and locked. Sometimes that will affect accuracy, but not always.