JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm on the fence on this model. Got a chance to get one but have only handled one at a local shop. I've read as much as my fingers will allow...so I'm ready to listen to subjective pros and cons from owners and others who have contemplated a purchase but thought better of it. I currently own all steel pistols. Please respect others opinions and no bashing.
Thanks

I have the FNP 45 tactical. One of the early models. There was a problem with them and Winchester White Box ammo. According to the FN forum, it is caused by the WWB bullets being seated over tolerance in length. There isn't that much extra space in the mags, and they can cause failure to feed. I don't know if that has been fixed yet, but they run with everyting else 100%.

The mag springs also got rusty whereas my other mags have not. I brushed and oiled them and haven't had any issues, but I thought it was odd.

I prefer metal guns and SAO triggers as well, so I am not in love with the trigger on it, but it is comparable to other SA/DA pistols.

Finish is good, quality is good. People call them the poor man's HK, but other than the brand image, I think you would be hard pressed to give tangible differences between the two in quality, despite the problems I listed above. Like I said I bought initial production of a brand new design, from a brand new USA mfg facility, so I cut them some slack.

They are a good value. Magazines are available and reasonably priced

The are very easy to run, takedown and seem to be engineered to last. The FNP 45 was one of the guns created when MFG'rs thought the army would be wanting a new 45 side arm, and they seem to be designed appropriately.

I have used FN's customer service. I needed a new mag catch for my 5-7. I called and they just shipped one out free, no questions asked. I doubt you would regret buying one. I don't

true to the above, I had to adjust my seating depth on my .45's more precisely, no more problems

I have the fnp 45 usg model (decocker/safety) d/a is typical, s/a is suprisingly good, short reset and hits the target everytime. If you are buying the fde version I see you have responded to, I live abou a mile from tacoma sportsmans club lets go shoot!

The mag question was bothering me. Since this will not be a carry gun. White box ammo is/was the only issue I found. I also heard it has been resolved. More an ammo issue than the gun. Thank You for taking the time to give me your experiences with the FN, I greatly appreciate it. coop44 your generosity is only exceeded by your knowledge. 45 for me...you tipped me over to the FN side of the fence.

Thanks Gents.

The mag question was bothering me. Since this will not be a carry gun. White box ammo is/was the only issue I found. I also heard it has been resolved. More an ammo issue than the gun. Thank You for taking the time to give me your experiences with the FN, I greatly appreciate it. coop44 your generosity is only exceeded by your knowledge. 45 for me...you tipped me over to the FN side of the fence.

Thanks Gents.

You bet.

Here it is. It has seen a lot of action, it's the one everyone wants to shoot.

2011-12-17130745.jpg