Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

FNG in the gorge

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by drivepirate, May 6, 2012.

1. drivepirate

drivepirate willamette valley New Member

Hello everyone, decided to join my first gun forum. I got my first rifle about this time last year, a Ruger 10/22 from Bi-Mart then a shotgun for home defense and last week I received a Mosin Nagant. My wife and I plan on shooting it later today. I cleaned it all up and it seems to cycle rounds fine but, after looking at a cycled cartridge I noticed dents around the rim. Anyone have an idea on what is causing this? I think it's still safe to fire but figured I should ask. Thanks for any info....

2. Theonecalleddoc

Theonecalleddoc Vernonia New Member

As long as your head space is good and everything seats properly you should be good to go. I just got my M39 this year and I'm in love. If you feel the itch to collect more in the future you should try to find a M39 with a good clean bore. Those Finnish really knew how to make an accurate rifle.

3. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Gorge?