JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just noticed on my '98 that when the bolt is locked, one can grab the handle and pretty easily rotate the bolt - about 1/16" at the handle. Is that normal? Better safe than sorry...

Ok, something I shouldn't share with anybody. Old gunsmithing trick- strip the bolt down to the body, remove everything. insert spent cartridge, insert bolt body, bolt handle will close with (almost) no pressure. remove body, remove spent cartridge, apply 2 layers of masking tape to base of cartridge (voila you have just made a "no-go gauge") trim off excess. insert into chamber insert bolt body, using almost no pressure see if the bolt will close, if it does, add one more layer of tape (you have just made a "Field" gauge) repeat. if the bolt handle still flops down closed you have headspace issues. take it to a gunsmith. if you have a liking for one caliber and buy a lot of guns in it invest in a couple of gauges for it. Hope this helps

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top