JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Purchased a new Fn h. last year .40 cal and love it. not the most accurate i must admit but still shoots straight with decent recoil and a fast slide. any others enjoy the fn? i have a couple thousand rounds through it now from fmj to tactical with no feed and no jam problems.

I have an FNX in .40 and I love it. I picked up Ameriglo/Trij night sights for it and it works great. Comes with adjustable backstraps so you can get it right for your hand. It's also one of the few if not only pistol in the world you can rack a round and keep the safety on. Everything is ambi including the decocking safety lever. Gun shoots great, good recoil and crisp action. It's my carry gun and I can't be happier. And at $550 bucks with 3 mags, you really can't beat it.

very true. i picked mine up at the gun show for around that price. i carry that one over my glock and kel tech. which i love the kel tech glock i could give or take. action is nice on it. i need to find a way to work the trigger a little lighter though. i think on single action it has around 3.5 lbs of pull. not bad but would like to see about 2 lbs. i like a light trigger. sights are also nice. aim easy. have you found a good under rail light or laser? i have been looking for one. i also keep it on my night stand.

I totally agree with titsonaritz on this one. I have a really good triggers on my 45's at 4lbs 8ozs.and 4 lbs 13 ozs.
A 2lb trigger belongs on a competition gun, not a carry weapon.
I have shot a 2oz trigger on a 45, i have shot several 2lb triggers on rifles and pistols.
A carry gun should not have less the a 4 lb trigger and that is a lite for a carry gun.

2006scooby - Before you say anything more on this have your trigger pull/weight measured. Then you will have a baseline to work from that is built on facts. This issue is to important to use "I think" as a basis for opinions.

I've had the FNP45 since they came out. The most underrated. 45 IMHO.
I measured the trigger when new and unfired and it was a tad over 12 lbs DA and just over 4 lbs SA
Perfect for a duty, carry, fighting gun.
Very accurate, and the soft recoil leads to fast follow up shots.
I have can hit an 8x13" railroad tie base plate at 100 yds pretty easy.
Some complain that it is to big and bulky but I don't think so.
It's not much bigger than my Sig p220 and I carry both in a Supertuck.
For defensive ammo I have found the Hornady Critcal defence 230 +P to work the best.
15 rounds of that on tap should be enough.

I have an FNP-9 USG and it is a sleeper. It's light and comfortable for its large size and fun to shoot. I do like the thumb safety option on this pistol. The only thing I don't like is that the 9 and 40 versions tend to get some scarring under the slide where the left takedown lever is as if the recoil is making the lever flop around while the slide is cycling. Other than that, I think it's a fine design.

Pix
1313224097.jpg

On the subject of a stupid light trigger on a carry gun.
IMHO that is asking for a missing toe or a hole in your leg.
The vid of the guy with a Kimber comes to mind.
Cocked and locked and a light trigger does not make you a gunslinger.

Just like folks saying they are going to get whatever flavor of DA/SA pistol with a safety because they can carry it cocked and locked. Ummm it's a DA/SA... rack it and decock it and it is ready to fire.
Now this is just me but I feel a safety is unnecessary on this type of pistol.
No need to add in something else to do other than slap leather, aim and fire.
It has 3 safeties already, a 12 lb DA pull, keep your finger off the trigger and using your big 4 lb safety. AKA your brain.
Having a gun with a 4 lb trigger cocked with just a lever type safety is just begging for a trip to the ER.
The least that will happen for most carrying it locked is when they will actually need it, adrenaline will be pumping, things are happening fast and with no positive stop for the safety they will hit it to hard and decock it. The gun will still work but it will be back in DA mode. Wasted motion, wasted time.
Wouldn't be easier to just train with it and be done?
In an adrenaline fueled moment I can guarantee you that you will not notice a 12 lb trigger at first. Practice with it and it will be automatic when needed.

Take the guy in AK with the shorty .500 S&W, dropped a charging Griz at 20 yds with 3 shots of DA fire. Bet he never noticed the DA trigger on that revolver, or how freaking loud it was for that matter. Just BOOM,BOOM,BOOM and it dropped in front of him.
Practice and familiarity will go much further in real time rather than ready to sling lead with a light trigger.
Save those guns for the range or competition.

It's better to just dry fire it a bunch and actually go out and practice DA fire to get used to it.
The way some post about DA fire you would think it is taking them two fingers and squeezing the trigger till veins are popping out on their head to get the gun to fire.
Practice with a spent casing on the muzzle, won't take long and you will be dropping the hammer and the case stays put.
A cheap laser works good as well, you can actually see what you are doing wrong and take steps to correct it.
I don't like to dry fire with an empty chamber, again just me. I don't have snap caps, just a trimmed foam ear plug over the firing pin.

like i said i think. my targets are at a little over 2 and i think this is not that much more. on that note i rarely carry with one chambered. and when i do it is in a covered trigger and hammer holster. but i will check to verify. sorry to upset anyone but it is all personal preference. that and if i have a loaded round it is da. i never carry with the hammer back in sa.

ok here it is.... tough and agonizing to admit i was... well wrong. trigger is almost 4.5 lbs. ( i have fat fingers ) and that is the excuse i am going to use. ! sorry i spoke out of my .. mouth...oops. but as i said in the post before i always carry in the da and rarely with one chambered. and on that note i need to lighten it. i do like a light trigger because i never have a finger in the ring till i am ready to pull it. i do understand the severe consequences of this. but that is how i am comfortable. it has half of slack before tension and i like all tension. any ideas how to rid it of the slack? i love this pistol and it will never leave my side.

yeah when i am out and about in the woods hiking i carry one chambered but with it being a da i see no point in having the trigger back. i would always go to fists before guns if necessary as long as brains can't. but i do apologize for my ignorant comment earlier.

A 3.5lb trigger on a defensive pistol is scary light and 2lb trigger is flat out irresponsible. I may be wrong but my guess is you have never fired a pistol with an actual 3.5lb trigger let alone a 2lber.

Personally I have been giving some thought to an FNP-45.

I do not consider 3.5 lbs to be "scary light".. but then I am originally an old school single action guy

FN makes good stuff

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads