JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Suggestions for best trigger upgrade for an FN-FAL (DSA SA58)?

Googleing found these:

FN/FAL Metric, Trigger Pull Reduction Kit New – Falcon Arms - seems to be spring only.

FAL (Metric) — Jard, Inc. -- seems to be user installed kit

DSA offers a couple of services for improving the trigger - one down to 4-5 pounds, the other to 3.5-4 pounds. I am thinking I would rather either do it myself or have Velzey do it for me.

I have read the factory triggers are 8-12 pounds which IMO interferes with accuracy. Also, the triggers seem to be creepy and a little gritty.

I want a sub 5 pound trigger that is smooth. I am fine with a 3-4 pound trigger, it is when I get down to sub 2 pound triggers that I find they are bit too light (like the set trigger on my CZ 527).

Thoughts?

TIA

No experience with the Jard but with the falcon springs and carful stoning, both my fals are sub 6# with a very clean break. They also very reliably will ignite all ammo. This is perfect for my intended purposes.

Plus 1 on the Falcon springs and stoning, my Sa -58 is a solid 3 pounds and very crisp and sure, zero play, creep, or over travel! It's easy to do, just time consuming! @Velzey is the Guru at this as well, so if your not up to it, there is no shame in sending it to him! :cool:

I got a Jard Inc. trigger for my DSA FAL. I played with it for 3-4 hours before giving up and playing with the 15 lb trigger that came with it. In less than 40 minutes with Falcon Arms spring kit I had it down to 6.5 -7 lbs. Probably another hour of stoning I can shave a half LB off. But the trigger reset pin seems to be my hang up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top