JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why, the Hi-Power of course! I couldn't help myself. I figured at that price I could shoot the bubblegum out of it instead of babying it like I do the two I have now. In fact, one of the two I have now has a serial # that dates it to 1986 and is still unfired in the original box. The one I just bought from Bud's should help ease the urge I have to shoot the 1986 piece.

Hello I am not that familiar with the fn browning high power. What's the original price on it?
I'm not familiar with it either but at the start of the thread I looked into it and it seems to have an average everyday price of around $1000.
I'm sure it's an awesome gun, it's just not my thing. Odd harder to find ammo calibers just mean it's more expensive to shoot and likely to become a safe queen.

If you guys are ever in Lexington, KY check out buds gun shop. They have a great store and sweet range, also a reactive steel target range.

It's the one thing I miss about Kentucky.
Well and Raising Kanes chicken, that place is the ish

I went and picked mine up from my FFL yesterday afternoon. That was some very quick shipping and I am impressed with that.

The serial # dates mine to a 1994 manufacture.

Initial impressions were that it was indeed not going to win any beauty contests. However, the internals appear very clean and operational. I finally have an FNH Browning Hi-Power (this is my third) that I can literally do anything I want to it and not feel bad or remorseful. I will shoot the heck out of this gun and I've no doubt that if it's like my other BHP's it will be a tack driver (range report will be next). That said, I will probably begin by removing the magazine disconnect and replacing the grips. The grips seem to be the worst for wear of anything on the specimen I received. The finish on the frame and slide is worn, scratched and missing in places but no apparent pitting so refinishing is an option although I doubt I'll go that far. The barrel looks great with strong rifling present and little wear both inside and out. It would appear there is a lot of functional life left in this otherwise beat up looking gun. I would buy it again if I had the choice to make again. I would also recommend to anyone that wants to get into the entry level BHP game.

Now I'll see if I can load some pics. Might have to wait until I get hme for that but I'll try anyway.

IMG_7001.JPG IMG_6993.JPG IMG_6986.JPG IMG_6985.JPG IMG_6980.JPG IMG_6937.JPG IMG_6943.JPG IMG_6955.JPG IMG_6957.JPG IMG_6971.JPG IMG_6974.JPG

Last Edited:
I think the holsters in Israel are made of barbed wire.

It would be a great candidate for cerakote or something of that nature. Me... I'm just gonna put some comfy pachmeyers on there and shoot it!

I think the holsters in Israel are made of barbed wire.

It would be a great candidate for cerakote or something of that nature. Me... I'm just gonna put some comfy pachmeyers on there and shoot it!

I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing to lose by refinishing it.

Hell, if done right, it could double it's value.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews