JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I used my P365 for comparison since they're basically the same size. ( FN's 9C is about an inch longer in the slide)
First, I have a FN 509 that I do like very well. That being said, the 9C has a much larger cap than the Sig. (12 vs 17) in the extended mag.
The extended mag is a bit "clunky" to me and my smaller hands. The smaller 12 round was perfect.
Now, after about 400 rnds down-range, the FN had some issues. The trigger is crisp but has a long pull and the sere reset is long also. I experienced a couple of FTF because I short-changed the sere and had to allow it to travel it's course to fire. In comparison, my P365 has a long trigger but has a shorter sere and I find that a bit more comfortable to shoot. Accuracy is about the same as is recoil. Both have hard to reach mag-releases and you have to manipulate your hand around the grip to reach the inset button.
I'm sure this is due to the very small mag-well for compactness. This can be a detriment or a plus. In a combat situation when you tend to grip much harder, you won't accidentally squeeze out a mag.
But, you won't perform a a quick combat load either. It seemed to me that after 400 rounds, the FN improved a bit and maybe will even more. My Sig will continue to be my EDC.
FN9C target.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top