JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought an FN 509 C MRD this month. Haven't shot it yet because of the price of ammo. I bought it based on the good reviews, the feel of it when I inspected it at the store, and my desire to diversify my collection of pistols. However, after doing a bit more research, I read about some issues that may arise.

The first is the striker breaking through repeated dry firing. I have been doing all my dry firing with snap caps out of caution because that is what the owner manual says to do. Has anyone encountered any issues with the striker breaking after repeated dry firing or regular firing? I have read about the Apex striker remedy however I'm wondering if FN sufficiently fixed this issue in later units.

Also, I have read about stove-pipping and failure to cycle problems while using 115gr ammunition.

If anyone has any up-to-date experience or knowledge on these issues, please explain. Are these issues that I should be concerned about? What is the prevalence of these issues now? Is there anything else I should know about this firearm? Please let me know.

I bought a fn 509 and fired 300 rounds of 115 gr FMJ through it today working on getting it sighted then draw and reload only issues I really have with the weapon is the trigger (I hate the trigger) don't seem as accurate as my Springfields (could be user error) but out of 300 rounds no jams or stovepipes

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top