JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got one on a waiting list with my FFL......I currently have the FN509 Tactical and FN509MRD.....love the platform except for the triggers- but APEX makes a cure :)

If you find one and get to fire some rounds, let us know what you think about the 502- I've held off on buying a 22LR Semi, until this one- none seemed all that great.

John

I've got one on a waiting list with my FFL......I currently have the FN509 Tactical and FN509MRD.....love the platform except for the triggers- but APEX makes a cure :)

If you find one and get to fire some rounds, let us know what you think about the 502- I've held off on buying a 22LR Semi, until this one- none seemed all that great.

John

I have the Taurus TX 22. It is fun but doesnt have everything this pistol does.

I will check back in if i find one.

How long is the waiting list at your FFL?

I am keeping an eye out for one. Might wait 6-months or a year to let the consumer testing group find all the issues and give FN some time to address. I do like everything it has to offer in a single package and I am a sucker for 22lr pistols.

MK4 22/45
Glock 44

Sucker for 22LR Pistols

I need to add one of those 2.
Would you suggest one over the other?

General usage would be plinking and introducing new shooters to a fun pistol. Reliability is important to me. Ammo usage needs to be "eats everything fed to it".

I need to add one of those 2.
Would you suggest one over the other?

General usage would be plinking and introducing new shooters to a fun pistol. Reliability is important to me. Ammo usage needs to be "eats everything fed to it".
If I had to pick just 1 of those 2 I would get the mk4 22/45 In a heart beat. It's like the "AR" of pistols to me.

If I had to pick just 1 of those 2 I would get the mk4 22/45 In a heart beat. It's like the "AR" of pistols to me.
Agree 100% with Clint77. Having shot both, I own the MK4 in both 22/45 configuration and the traditional aluminum grip version. Might be a closer choice if the glock came with a factory threaded barrel but it is a slap in the face that you have to spend another $150 to get another barrel.

https://fnamerica.com/products/pistols/fn-502-tactical-blk/

Anyone else looking at one of these?

It looks like a fun little gun that gets everything correct.

I think I'm going to make some calls to see if I can find one in the PDX area.
What is the street price? I like that it's SAO, but then Walther P22q has everything except red dot ready for around $270. I use tandemkross mag extenders which extends p22q mags to 15 rounds. Reliable 22s with threaded barrels r fun.

228CD2DE-1C7F-4551-9B22-1BE9D1970BAC.jpeg

What is the street price? I like that it's SAO, but then Walther P22q has everything except red dot ready for around $270. I use tandemkross mag extenders which extends p22q mags to 15 rounds. Reliable 22s with threaded barrels r fun.

View attachment 1038653

I've seen web listings right at $470.
MSRP is $499, I think.
I checked with my guy yesterday. Nothing. But my request is in with him.

One of the reasons I'm so interested is it is optics ready. I don't have any other optics on pistols and have been mulling the idea over. Most all of the candidates would have to be milled.

Plus it's been a while since I've bought a gun. I have been on a suppressor buying spree during the last year.

FYI if u want a good but inexpensive micro-red dot (green dot in this case) the ade ones are around $70 on Amazon and I've had great luck with them. They r tiny. I've used on 22s, 9mm pcc, ARs, and brn-180 so far. May not be a go to war optic (guessing as I've never taken it to war ha ha) but for range use it's excellent imo. Love the tiny size. I bought a red dot plate that replaces the sight on my Jericho pistol but haven't tried the ade red dot on that yet (but the size is right).

An excerpt from an older article on red dots fwiw:
8D09CBD6-2D7F-429F-8A27-E2D4A1A6EA40.jpeg

also fwiw these guys know what they r doing with red dot plates. They have options for a wide range of pistols and I like that they even have drop down menus for which red dot it is so that the holes align right. Kind of spendy though and not as nice as slide made for a red dot from factory imo. Just passing along info that may or may not be helpful. The FN is nice in that everything is there already no need for add ons (other than a suppressor ha ha). I would like to shoot one. Looks like trigger weight is similar to the p22Q which is 4-4.5 single action (i've never measured it -that info is from inter webs but it feels about like that to me).

Last Edited:
FYI if u want a good but inexpensive micro-red dot (green dot in this case) the ade ones are around $70 on Amazon and I've had great luck with them. They r tiny. I've used on 22s, 9mm pcc, ARs, and brn-180 so far. May not be a go to war optic (guessing as I've never taken it to war ha ha) but for range use it's excellent imo. Love the tiny size. I bought a red dot plate that replaces the sight on my Jericho pistol but haven't tried the ade red dot on that yet (but the size is right).

An excerpt from an older article on red dots fwiw:
View attachment 1038740

also fwiw these guys know what they r doing with red dot plates. They have options for a wide range of pistols and I like that they even have drop down menus for which red dot it is so that the holes align right. Kind of spendy though and not as nice as slide made for a red dot from factory imo. Just passing along info that may or may not be helpful. The FN is nice in that everything is there already no need for add one (other than a suppressor ha ha). I would like to shoot one. Looks like trigger weight is similar to the p22Q which is 4-4.5 single action (i've never measured it -that info is from inter webs but it feels about like that to me).

Great information. I appreciate the sharing of it and your experience.
I like the FN for everything you pointed out. Basically unbox it, screw on suppressor, load magazines, insert magazine into gun, and go pew-pew.

I am seeing pictures of these pistols in the hands of regular folks from a FB group i am in for suppressors.
There are a few auctions on GB as well with some insane pricing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top