JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I discussed this with another retired friend and wondered what others might think. We agree that the flag should be flown at half staff in remberence of those who died on 9/11. What are your thoughts ---- 1/2 Staff or all the way to the top?

Inputs and comments welcomed. Thanx! soldiers.gif

If you think about it....we've had HERO'S die on every day of the year, which would mean flags should be flown half mast 365.....

I don't have a pole I can fly half mast (As pictured above)....I just plaster my house with flags and let it be known where I stand.

September 11th is Patriot Day and you are supposed to fly flags at half staff. Personally, I think its redundant, Memorial Day is when we officially remember our WAR dead, not get 15% off select items at Best Buy.... :(

I'm a veteran of the first Gulf War; I thought I would give you the following information

Customary Dates to fly half-Staff:

Peace Officers Memorial Day, May 15th (Unless that day is also Armed Forces Day.) (sunrise to sunset)

Memorial Day, last Monday in May (sunrise to noon)
Patriot Day, September 11th (sunrise to sunset)

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, December 7th (sunrise to sunset)

Other Special Flag-Flying Days:

President's Day, 3rd Monday in February: A celebration situated between Lincoln's and Washington's Birthdays. It is not a half staff day.

Flag Day, June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened that day by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777.

Veteran's Day (formerly Armistice Day), November 11th: This is a day to honor our nations Veterans. It is not a day of mourning, but a day of celebration and honor. Therefore, it is not a day of half staff. Citizens are encouraged to flag POW/MIA flags and flags of the Military Branches on this day to show support to our Veterans.

We have a flag flying 24/7/365 (with a night light). Have since well before 9-11.

Today I feel is an appropriate day for it to be at half staff, much like Pearl Harbor day. Both days our country was attacked unprovoked.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top