JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the new anti-gun legislation I am curious if flying into and out of Denver is going to change when I take my handgun with me? I will be flying in to DEN and connecting with a flight to Wyoming so I don't think I would have any issues because I will never have my baggage untl my final destination. I have 13 round magazines. If these are in my baggage will that be an issue? Will I have an issue connecting back through DEN?

With all the new anti-gun legislation I am curious if flying into and out of Denver is going to change when I take my handgun with me? I will be flying in to DEN and connecting with a flight to Wyoming so I don't think I would have any issues because I will never have my baggage untl my final destination. I have 13 round magazines. If these are in my baggage will that be an issue? Will I have an issue connecting back through DEN?
good question.. what if i am going to gun training somewhere and have to connect in colorado on my flight. get delayed, have to spend the night, and now i am detained and arrested for having 30 round magazines in my check in luggage, as well as ar-15's..

Well the Outdoor Chanel stopped production in Colorado cause they didn't want to risk getting any of their people detained on gun charges since the new laws are all convoluted

Sooo good luck!:s0155:

Colorados new law is 15 rounds....

I seem to recall reading sometime, on the internet, about something similar, about passing though/laying over, in a state with laws against ARs/high cap mags...and the consensus was its in checked baggaged/secured and you stated and are finishing your flight in states where they were legal, so you were good. With that said, YMMV, you get what you pay for, and I'm not a lawyer.

Colorados new law is 15 rounds....

I seem to recall reading sometime, on the internet, about something similar, about passing though/laying over, in a state with laws against ARs/high cap mags...and the consensus was its in checked baggaged/secured and you stated and are finishing your flight in states where they were legal, so you were good. With that said, YMMV, you get what you pay for, and I'm not a lawyer.

Sounds like what the FOPA safe passage provision addresses.

The problem is - if you have an emergency overnight stay, most airports refuse to hold onto your checked luggage. Once you take possession of it, FOPA no longer applies.

The problem is - if you have an emergency overnight stay, most airports refuse to hold onto your checked luggage. Once you take possession of it, FOPA no longer applies.

Could you just not claim your baggage and come back and have it forwarded on to your destination?

If the luggage isn't claimed they auction it off, not sure how long you have to have it forwarded though.

Last summer I flew into DEN on Southwest. They don't transfer bags to the small regional carriers which I found out the hard way. After a few phone calls I got SW to deliver my bag to a regional carrier and had it flown right into my hometown the next day. Oh ya ... and it had my handgun in it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top