JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A long time ago in another lifetime, on a jungle laden land-bridge between two continents, far far away from any light pollution at night, in between pulling perimeter guard on our position we'd lay out our poncho liners folded in half lengthwise then lay on our backs and stare at the AMAZING display of stars in a CRYSTAL clear night sky.

When noise discipline wasn't a concern we'd whip out the ol' cassette tape player (LOL) and play this song (among others)….. and pick out all the spy satellites flying overhead.

It was powerfully "amusing" back then and we'd even chuckle about it…. but not so much anymore these days.

Having said that, I'm all for them drones with thermal going after wild hogs. They multiply like rabbits, cause immense damage to the environment (and people's property), and can be extremely dangerous to man and beast alike!
Its been a long , long time since Ive lived or really been anywhere that was clear enough at night to see satellites much less the milky way. I miss it. .

Here's the basics.

Thanks. About 6 minutes in I started to fall asleep and she hadn't answered my question. Anyway, regardless what the law may currently be, it is not OK with me, or I think a lot of people, for someone to fly a drone low over my property. How would I define low? I'd be happy with 1000 feet in the city. If some company wants to fly lower than that and just has to pass over my house, we can talk about a waiver, for a price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top