JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a fairly avid fly fisher, and did a Google search for a fly fishing vest with a handgun pocket, holster, concealed or otherwise and came up with nothing. Wearing a belt holster is not an option due chest waiders, and a shoulder holster just gets tangled with other gear. I was hoping to find someone who makes a fly fishing vest with an integral handgun holster for my S&W Mountain Gun 4" BBl. I sometimes go fishing in some rather out of the way places and would like to take my wheel gun along. Anyone know of a solution? Thanks for the help.

Look at the fly fishing chest rigs for field tying. Some are setup where you can store the gun in a back pocket.

EDIT: That's my "Concealed" approach suggestion. The Simply Rugged is perfect for non-concealed and priced nice. I have a pancake he made me for crossdraw only. Good stuff

Thanks for the recommendations. I was not aware of Simply Rugged holsters; his holsters and set ups just might do the trick. I also sent a recommendation to Maxpedition asking them why they don't make a fly fishing vest with a gun pocket. Can't hurt.

I would think someone would make a fishing vest with gun pockets. I have a leather motorcycle vest it has gun pockets.... Heck most leather vests have gun pockets..... what does that say about us bikers?....LOL

I would think someone would make a fishing vest with gun pockets. I have a leather motorcycle vest it has gun pockets.... Heck most leather vests have gun pockets..... what does that say about us bikers?....LOL

I'm a biker as well, and thought that there should be at least someone that would make a fishing vest with a concealed carry pocket. Maxpedition did not respond - oh well. I actually settled for an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster, it seemed to keep the revolver just out of the way enough to not interfere with fishing and still keep it available.

I have also been looking for a solution to this problem. No holsters I have or have seen have met the specs I desire. This may sound odd, but I found my solution to my problem in my sons room. I Cary a 9mm simi auto with me when I am fishing and found that it fit in one of his Crossman airsoft holsters perfectly but what caught me was the way it attaches. It has a Velcro strap with two more velcro straps that secure the main strap. this can go on any strapping on a fly fishing chest rig or on the chest area on a regular vest. I have been using this for the past three years and have yet to find anything I like better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top