JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a fairly avid fly fisher, and did a Google search for a fly fishing vest with a handgun pocket, holster, concealed or otherwise and came up with nothing. Wearing a belt holster is not an option due chest waiders, and a shoulder holster just gets tangled with other gear. I was hoping to find someone who makes a fly fishing vest with an integral handgun holster for my S&W Mountain Gun 4" BBl. I sometimes go fishing in some rather out of the way places and would like to take my wheel gun along. Anyone know of a solution? Thanks for the help.

Look at the fly fishing chest rigs for field tying. Some are setup where you can store the gun in a back pocket.

EDIT: That's my "Concealed" approach suggestion. The Simply Rugged is perfect for non-concealed and priced nice. I have a pancake he made me for crossdraw only. Good stuff

Thanks for the recommendations. I was not aware of Simply Rugged holsters; his holsters and set ups just might do the trick. I also sent a recommendation to Maxpedition asking them why they don't make a fly fishing vest with a gun pocket. Can't hurt.

I would think someone would make a fishing vest with gun pockets. I have a leather motorcycle vest it has gun pockets.... Heck most leather vests have gun pockets..... what does that say about us bikers?....LOL

I would think someone would make a fishing vest with gun pockets. I have a leather motorcycle vest it has gun pockets.... Heck most leather vests have gun pockets..... what does that say about us bikers?....LOL

I'm a biker as well, and thought that there should be at least someone that would make a fishing vest with a concealed carry pocket. Maxpedition did not respond - oh well. I actually settled for an Uncle Mike's shoulder holster, it seemed to keep the revolver just out of the way enough to not interfere with fishing and still keep it available.

I have also been looking for a solution to this problem. No holsters I have or have seen have met the specs I desire. This may sound odd, but I found my solution to my problem in my sons room. I Cary a 9mm simi auto with me when I am fishing and found that it fit in one of his Crossman airsoft holsters perfectly but what caught me was the way it attaches. It has a Velcro strap with two more velcro straps that secure the main strap. this can go on any strapping on a fly fishing chest rig or on the chest area on a regular vest. I have been using this for the past three years and have yet to find anything I like better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top