JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fluoride has been around a long time. Nobody has found any conclusions that it will harm you yet. Very likely the reason that you used the word "maybe".
You poor idiot, the studies done were done to see if Fluoride is safe, not if it is harmful.

I'll be very surprised if we don't defeat this with a vote before it takes effect. Absolutely nothing surprises me when it comes to the Portland City Council.

Regardless of any science or health issues, I question the timeline of the project and the speed it was pushed through. Leonard either had a revelation, is being paid, or wants a legacy. I'd bet on the latter options.

I grew up on the east coast, with fluoride in the water. After moving here as an adult, the dentist and hygienist both separately took a peek inside my mouth and said "you aren't from here are you". I was so proud of my fancy east coast teeth after that visit that a coworker piped up "give it a few years". Few years later, my first two cavities.

Yes, I want fluoride in the water. I've looked for effective ways to add it myself, but haven't found anything.

Well, sir. I was born and raised on the East coast. I was there for 27 years until I moved out West. I have had teeth problems my whole life so far. Most before I left the East coast. Hmmmm...

If every major city but Portland has floridated water then finding thousands of cases of illness or damage from floride should be simple to find.

yet I hear none. ONLY that it can or is supposed to or might.

Clorine is way deadlier then floride how come no one is screaming about removing it from the water?

I grew up in Wyoming where the water is flouridated. I consumed it for 24 of my 48 years. I didn't develop a cavity until after I had moved to Oregon 24 years ago. Since then I have had 5 fillings.

Yep, I grew up in Houston Tex and all the water has flouride added as do most cities in the US and have for over 50 years. The only side effects were better teeth.

I grew up in Portland and Vancouver without fluoride. My teeth are terrible. My kids grew up in Seattle with flouride and have no cavities.

You really have to watch out for all the lunatics out there who don't like fluoride, don't like "chemtrails, man didn't walk on moon, trade center actually bombed by Geo. Bush.

Fish oil supplements don't prevent heart attacks, study says
Released 2 days ago, Omega-3 supplements no longer believed to help your heart...

Just saying science and what we believe is good for us is constantly changing. All a guy can do is take the current information at hand and make what he believes to be the best decision for him and his family. I just prefer to make the decision for my family, not the bureaucrats. I may not always be right, but that's my cross to bear.

Released 2 days ago, Omega-3 supplements no longer believed to help your heart...

Just saying science and what we believe is good for us is constantly changing. All a guy can do is take the current information at hand and make what he believes to be the best decision for him and his family. I just prefer to make the decision for my family, not the bureaucrats. I may not always be right, but that's my cross to bear.

Well, I will continue to appease my wife by taking them daily. :)

"The trials dated from 1989 to 2012 and included 68,680 people who were studied for at least a year. They found no statistically significant association between all deaths, cardiac-related deaths, sudden deaths, heart attacks and strokes among people taking the supplements."

Sound like that study carried out in Europe I heard about years ago about second hand smoke. Like somewhere around 300,000 people studied over a period of something like 20-30 years. They concluded that second hand smoke really had no overbearing effects on the people living with the smokers.

"You are singularly naive about the realities of acedemia. Any study which appears to confirm current thinking and theories will
pass peer review. Nor is the purpose of peer review to determine the correctness of the results presented in the stuides, but merely to ensure
that certain guidelines for scientific procedure have been followed. IOW, as long as the formalities have been satisfied, any study could have
been written by the researcher's dog and it would be passed."

Do not know if fluoride prevents cavities. It was the big thing many years ago.
I suspect some people have seen impacts.

I would say that for 20 Years I lived in towns with fluoride incorporated in the water. Can not say it helped or not. Thye use to fluorinate teeth during cleaning.

They are testing the legality of whether or not addition of fluoride in the water is legal. Adding a sunstance to your water supply.

But I would guess alot of people do somethign to the water that eliminates it's effectiveness - such as boiling water for tea, cooking, etc. So that would nean intermittent contact at low levels and my not do much.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top