JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40+ years ago was the first flu shot I had - took my grandfather with me (at my parents request). I got sick and so did he. Put him in the hospital. Back then I think they used 'live' flu vaccines. I was very sick. I only got the shot so my grandfather would get it too.

Had not had it since until a couple years ago when I figured it couldn't be worse than what I went thru every year anyway.

I have normally been in October. How do "They" know which strains to expect this year? Doc wants my mom to get a shot in early Sept.

They are taking an educated guess and tweak the vaccine accordingly. Sometimes they are real close, sometimes they miss badly. I get them free at work so first day they offer I am there to get mine. Last time I got a good case was the Swine back 15 or so? Man I sure felt like death warmed over for most of a week. So even if the shot does not offer super good odds I will take it.

According to the Center for Disease Control, the annual success rate ranges from 40 to 60%, depending on the season, for whatever it is worth.

Personally, I am religious about getting flu shot after a really bad bout with one in my early 20s. I don't mean a nasty cold, I mean influenza that knocked me out of commission for a solid week. Since then, I've rarely gotten the flu. I have never, to the best of my recollection, came down with anything directly after being administered such a shot. To each their own.

I teach therefore.....I get the flu....:eek: :D
No matter if I get a flu shot or not...flu happens...

I do not like the Flu...
I do not like it my class...
I do not like it without a hall pass...

I do not not like the Flu in my head...
I do not like the Flu in my bed...
It often makes feel like I am dead.....:eek: :D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT