Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Floyd Prozanski Oregonian Editorial SB 941

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by Deebow, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Deebow

Deebow Portland Well-Known Member

2. Fin and Feather Guns

Fin and Feather Guns Ridgefield Member

Still can't be as bad as Washingtons I-594... That one is so bad even the State Patrol has publicly stated that they won't enforce it.

3. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Tromping all over his sister's grave

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Its that bad

5. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

6. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Looks like an attempt to drum up support to me. Hopefully we have been able to reach a couple swing Dems and can kill it in the house next week.

7. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

My comment to the article:

"It's time to close the "emergency legislation" loophole. Regardless of how you stand on this issue, Senator Prozanski has abused the legislative process by declaring SB941 an "emergency". This accomplishes two things:

1 - the bill gets fast tracked in order to pull the rug out from under the feet of the opposition.

2 - it, and this is heinous, prevents the citizens of overturning this legislation by initiative. In other words, if the law is flawed, which is likely because of the reckless speed it's traveling through the legislative process, you can't do anything about it.

There IS no "emergency" regarding background checks. You can't buy a firearm you found on the Internet through the mail without a background check. Senator Prozanski knows this, but impLIES otherwise as a scare tactic.

The real EMERGENCY is the blatant abuse of legislators to use a process designed for real emergencies as a way to steamroll the citizens and deprive them of their rights. Do you want your children to grow up in a world created by Prozanski's abuse of power where they are unable to redact bad laws?

There needs to be clear reason to declare a legislative emergency, and it needs to be supported by at least 2/3 of the legislators. For a real emergency this should not be an issue. We also need to remove the provision that prevent WE THE PEOPLE from overturning it through initiative. Time to close the Emergency Loophole before it is too late."

broncman, Stomper, etrain16 and 4 others like this.
  8. Solved

Solved Lane County Member

I can't post in these comments for long. Soon enough you realize the posters don't actually want a discussion, just to throw zings around. I've tried to present actual arguments, but I rarely get a decent response.

9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Well you only have 18 posts. Maybe you should give it a little more time.:cool:

10. Solved

Solved Lane County Member

No no, the comments at the bottom of The Oregonian. Not here. I like it here.

3MTA3 and Stomper like this.
  11. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Sorry I misunderstood!

12. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

My reply on O-Live:

Nutty4Guns likes this.
  13. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Phloyd is not interest in facts. Phloyd has been paid off and must follow thru regardless of any and all evidence to the contrary.

Background checks allow his handlers to begin the measurement process.

When one has the ability to measure an unknown, then that one has the ability to understand what is going on.

When one understands a process, then that process can be controlled.

When an process is controlled, it can be changed, and that my friends is the gun control process.

3MTA3 likes this.
  14. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

What else will Floyd dream up when this bill does absolutely nothing to address gun violence in Oregon? Bills like this don't solve any problems related to gun violence. I guarantee you $500 that if I were to go to downtown Portland or to some hood in Gresham and ask around for a pistol from the homeless types, the gangbangers, etc., that I'd have a handgun by the end of the day. And if this bill passes, anyone think the homeless type is going to ask me to go through a UBC? LOL -- Keep dreaming big, Floyd and Co.

15. 3MTA3

Prozanski could care less about crime. This is payback to the out of state money that gave the Democrats control of the Oregon Legislature and Governorship. I don't think they realize that they have made permanent enemies of a large group of motivated people who aren't going to give up, even if and when they take our guns away.

16. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

Appears that ZigZagZeke's comment has been deleted.

17. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The responses to Prozanski's column are classic.
    Where are the 2,000 arrests, prosecutions and convictions annually for these felon wanna-buys?
    Anybody monitor these people to make sure they didn't STEAL a gun, or get one from someone who did?

No? Nothing? Hmmmm

18. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Ha Ha Ha!!! They deleted my reply. Must have hit a nerve!

19. 3MTA3

I noticed that - must have been good!

20. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

A post of your comments would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.