JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like an attempt to drum up support to me. Hopefully we have been able to reach a couple swing Dems and can kill it in the house next week.

My comment to the article:

"It's time to close the "emergency legislation" loophole. Regardless of how you stand on this issue, Senator Prozanski has abused the legislative process by declaring SB941 an "emergency". This accomplishes two things:

1 - the bill gets fast tracked in order to pull the rug out from under the feet of the opposition.

2 - it, and this is heinous, prevents the citizens of overturning this legislation by initiative. In other words, if the law is flawed, which is likely because of the reckless speed it's traveling through the legislative process, you can't do anything about it.

There IS no "emergency" regarding background checks. You can't buy a firearm you found on the Internet through the mail without a background check. Senator Prozanski knows this, but impLIES otherwise as a scare tactic.

The real EMERGENCY is the blatant abuse of legislators to use a process designed for real emergencies as a way to steamroll the citizens and deprive them of their rights. Do you want your children to grow up in a world created by Prozanski's abuse of power where they are unable to redact bad laws?

There needs to be clear reason to declare a legislative emergency, and it needs to be supported by at least 2/3 of the legislators. For a real emergency this should not be an issue. We also need to remove the provision that prevent WE THE PEOPLE from overturning it through initiative. Time to close the Emergency Loophole before it is too late."

I can't post in these comments for long. Soon enough you realize the posters don't actually want a discussion, just to throw zings around. I've tried to present actual arguments, but I rarely get a decent response.

I can't post in these comments for long. Soon enough you realize the posters don't actually want a discussion, just to throw zings around. I've tried to present actual arguments, but I rarely get a decent response.
Well you only have 18 posts. Maybe you should give it a little more time.:cool:

My reply on O-Live:

Hey Floyd! The whole idea of SB941 is to prevent another Sandy Hook tragedy, right? And to prevent more shootings like the Gabby Gifford shooting, the Colorado theater shooting, and the Clackamas Town Mall shooting, right? So please name one or two of these mass murderers who obtained their weapons from a private sale, or through the internet without a background check. I'll just stand here and twiddle my thumbs while I wait.

What's that? All those guys either had a background check run on them and passed it, or stole their weapons you say? But, then how is SB941 supposed to do anything about mass murders? You mean to say that all you intended to accomplish was to harass law abiding gun owners? And why is that? Oh, I see. It's because you can't really find a way to confiscate all their firearms at this point, so making life as difficult as possible for them makes you feel better about the whole situation. Got it!

The fact is that of the 2000 or so denials and delays issued by the present background check system every year, about 95% are false alarms. I don't know, but if I had a smoke detector that gave out 95% false alarms I wouldn't be installing more of them. And let me ask you this, why is it that of the 100 or so legitimate refusals generate every year, less than 10 arrests are made for lying on the form or being a felon attempting to buy a gun? You say that background checks are a rousing success. Really? You inconvenience 240,000 buyers every year, so that you can catch 8 bad guys, at a cost to the public of roughly $15,000,000.00 every year in background check fees, together with whatever it costs to run the actual bureaucracy that accomplishes almost nothing? That's a success?

Do you really think that someone planning to kill as many folks as they can before offing themselves is simply going to shelve that plan because of a background check requirement? Really? It sounds to me like Salem may have slipped over the edge into the twilight zone.

Well, at least Chuck Riley was able to justify his yes vote on SB941. See, it's just like slavery. "It was right for its time", according to Mr. Riley. That's really what we need, a little more pragmatism in government. Damn the niceties of civil rights and all that. We need to make a statement! Looks like Mr. Riley did so. Frankly Floyd, I'd be a little embarrassed if he was on my side, aren't you?

Phloyd is not interest in facts. Phloyd has been paid off and must follow thru regardless of any and all evidence to the contrary.

Background checks allow his handlers to begin the measurement process.

When one has the ability to measure an unknown, then that one has the ability to understand what is going on.

When one understands a process, then that process can be controlled.

When an process is controlled, it can be changed, and that my friends is the gun control process.

What else will Floyd dream up when this bill does absolutely nothing to address gun violence in Oregon? Bills like this don't solve any problems related to gun violence. I guarantee you $500 that if I were to go to downtown Portland or to some hood in Gresham and ask around for a pistol from the homeless types, the gangbangers, etc., that I'd have a handgun by the end of the day. And if this bill passes, anyone think the homeless type is going to ask me to go through a UBC? LOL -- Keep dreaming big, Floyd and Co.

Prozanski could care less about crime. This is payback to the out of state money that gave the Democrats control of the Oregon Legislature and Governorship. I don't think they realize that they have made permanent enemies of a large group of motivated people who aren't going to give up, even if and when they take our guns away.

The responses to Prozanski's column are classic.
Where are the 2,000 arrests, prosecutions and convictions annually for these felon wanna-buys?
Anybody monitor these people to make sure they didn't STEAL a gun, or get one from someone who did?

No? Nothing? Hmmmm

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top