JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many millions/billions did we spend on knowing that, when we could have spent it on saving people here on earth.
Sometimes science is a complete waste of money.

Space exploration has always been controversial. But the exact same questions, complaints, and criticisms could have been said about Columbus's expedition to "India." It did cost a small fortune, hence needing to be bankrolled by a country.

We gotta get out there, man. This pretty blue marble ain't gonna be big enough for us pretty soon.

But only the top .05% will go and leave us behind.

To deal with the mess. So spending that money on saving our planet or people would be better spent. IMO

I see the need, and too be honest I should have referred to some of the other "sciences" we waste money on.
Like the effects of cocaine on mice. Whatever else they think of

I think I'll wait to book my vacation there until they find some really good Scotch up there to go with the water.

One of the comments on the first article I read, which was from some scientific/academic publication (can't remember which), "Ok... Let me know when they find beer up there."

NASA's budget is right around 17 billion. Next to some of the other big time spenders, it really is a drop in the bucket.

budgetpie.jpg

Wonder if Donald, Carly or any of them will promise us, The U.S., a man on Mars or will we let the Chinese do it first?
The 60s had it's share of problems but the Space Race sure was exciting.

They need to stop talking about it or do it!

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3950099/n...nce-space/t/bush-sets-new-course-moon-beyond/
WASHINGTON, Jan. 14, 2004 — President Bush proposed on Wednesday to develop a new spacecraft to carry Americans back to the moon as early as 2015, and to establish a long-term base there as an eventual springboard to Mars and beyond.

"Inspired by all that has come before and guided by clear objectives, today we set a new course for America's space program," he declared during a speech at NASA Headquarters in Washington.

"The chemicals allow the water to remain liquid at lower temperatures but also help keep it from boiling off in the thin atmosphere of Mars, the researchers said."

looks like we discovered where Prestone anti freeze comes from.

Better yet... we've discovered where Dex-cool comes from. even when it solidifies it looks like the surface of mars

But only the top .05% will go and leave us behind.

To deal with the mess. So spending that money on saving our planet or people would be better spent. IMO

I see the need, and too be honest I should have referred to some of the other "sciences" we waste money on.
Like the effects of cocaine on mice. Whatever else they think of
i could guess the effect that cocaine has on mice... their thoughts are: "i need more cocaine" and will do anything to get it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top