Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CharlesAFerg, Jul 10, 2009.

1. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

2. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Don't drop your gun! That being said I have drop a gun once putting it back in the safe. It was in condition one and did not go off. Safeties work and you'd have to throw it at the ground hard muzzle down to have any chance of making my guns go off accidentally. However there were a couple new rugers that were recalled because allegedly they would go off if dropped and you were unlucky. The SR9 and LCP if I remember correctly.

3. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It is somewhat discerning that they they WANT TO file charges.. Always after the guner..

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

Amen. S&W has a recall out for certain of their Walther PPKs regarding a similar issue.

If you have an accidental discharge and injur someone else through your own carelessness, be ready to face the music, either civilly or criminally. If some yahoo dropped his piece while taking a dump and put a bullet in my leg, there would he **** to pay.

5. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I agree, the safe handling of your fire arm is your responsibility.

6. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Discerning? You mean disconcerting?
    I disagree, I'd most definitely file charges if some moron shot me on the toilet.

7. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Someone would need to pay the piper (so to speak), but that would be between me and the idiot. The criminal justice system should stay the heck out of this one. Its a civil matter.

8. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I would love to know what type of gun it was since most modern handguns are supposedly "drop safe." She might have a case against the manufacturer.

PS: The S&W recall involves the guns firing when the decocker/safety is employed...not when being dropped. Which is far worse in some ways. :)

9. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Other thread was more fun. :(