JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw the news story on this just this morning. While tragic and a complete act of insanity by the guy who shot his son I could hardly sit and listen to the father talk about his new mission in life, "Kill guns not kids" and how all he could dwell upon is how "The cops are the only ones who are trained and should be the only ones with guns". I would love to sit down with the father and while I would express my condolences for his son I would like to ask him what happened along the way with him ever teaching his son about proper behavior and respect when in public? While completely wrong and his son should not have died over this his he is partly to blame for his own death by a standard display of a part of the black culture IE. that of the loud music, hip hop, thug/gangsta attitude and appearance that has come to be an accepted part of our society.

Although I firmly support the 2nd Amendment, I still think there are too many guns in the hands of irresponsible, angry, hostile, phsycotic, strange, weird, scary, and stupid people.

Although I firmly support the 2nd Amendment, I still think there are too many guns in the hands of irresponsible, angry, hostile, psychotic, strange, weird, scary, and stupid people.

My friend, every single human being on the planet is only one thought or decision, (or lack of the aforementioned) from all of your adjectives... Including yourself.

Mankind is the most deadly, cunning, visceral(corporeal) apex-predator on the planet. We prey on, and exploit all lifeforms worth our attention (including our own kind). Admittedly, some are more predisposed towards violence than others. I come from Northern European genetics where "Berzerkers", Huns, and "Barbarian Tribes" were the archtype of "walking terror" came/comes from.

I can assure you that those genetic predispositions are still very much alive within myself, and they do rage within, on a physiological/instinctual level, but I choose to be "civilized"... often one concious decision at a time, but I do it.

I'm the guy on your block that you WANT to have weapons, because I'd step up and defend you with deadly force if that's what was needed. You can't sort humans via a cookie-cutter, you can only hold them accountable for the actions they commit.

What an idiot. Fired nine rounds into the car because of loud music and he 'thought he saw a shotgun'. Then he fled the scene...

<broken link removed>

If someone's loud music is bothering you at a gas station, drive off!

My friend, every single human being on the planet is only one thought or decision, (or lack of the aforementioned) from all of your adjectives... Including yourself.

Mankind is the most deadly, cunning, visceral(corporeal) apex-predator on the planet. We prey on, and exploit all lifeforms worth our attention (including our own kind). Admittedly, some are more predisposed towards violence than others. I come from Northern European genetics where "Berzerkers", Huns, and "Barbarian Tribes" were the archtype of "walking terror" came/comes from.

I can assure you that those genetic predispositions are still very much alive within myself, and they do rage within, on a physiological/instinctual level, but I choose to be "civilized"... often one concious decision at a time, but I do it.

I'm the guy on your block that you WANT to have weapons, because I'd step up and defend you with deadly force if that's what was needed. You can't sort humans via a cookie-cutter, you can only hold them accountable for the actions they commit.

I too came from Northern European stock (I was born in Arctic Norway) and I totally agee with your post.

What an idiot. Fired nine rounds into the car because of loud music and he 'thought he saw a shotgun'. Then he fled the scene...

I've seen many examples over the years of police using the excuse that they "thought they saw" a gun or other weapon as a reason for opening fire on what turned out to be an unarmed individual. These cases at least the ones I am aware of were all ruled as justifiable shootings. However, I don't believe this man will get a pass on this shooting. Without a shotgun being found on scene he is screwed. Lesson # 1 don't pick a fight over something stupid, like loud music especially when you are armed. Its not worth it. Lesson #2 better be sure before you pull the trigger, which can be hard without reacting too slowly.

The were many times where I wanted to take some corrective action because of some arsehat thumping his (c)rap so that my house was rattling.
Somehow a firearm never crossed my mind, but a sledge hammer did. Of course since I have no desire to rot in jail I had to get over it and control my urge..... but boy would I love to take a sledge hammer to a car that belongs to one of these sub-humans.

If being a P.I.A. was a capital offense...I would have
been dead a long time ago.:s0131:

Jack...:cool:

You got that one right!.My own parents would have killed me before my 2nd birthday. By the time I turned 17, ANYBODY could have killed me for being a major PIA and gotten away with it.

I have no idea how I managed to live this long.:)

Having your innocent child murdered in cold blood is a horrific tragedy that fortunately the vast majority of people will never have to face. While I may disagree with the father I choose to give him a lot of leeway and deference in regards to how he chooses to express his feelings over the loss of his son. Furthermore the idea that the father should be sat down and lectured on how it was partly his sons fault that he was gunned down due to someone's preconceived notion on what is an "appropriate display" of black culture is inappropriate and outrageous.

The opinion of the son being partly to blame was mine. I never mentioned 'lecturing' the father about it at all, nor was the word lecture used. The only reference I made about talking to the father was,
I would like to ask him what happened along the way with him ever teaching his son about proper behavior and respect when in public?
So how did this get 'spun' into lecturing the father his son was partly to blame?

The opinion of the son being partly to blame was mine. I never mentioned 'lecturing' the father about it at all, nor was the word lecture used. The only reference I made about talking to the father was,
So how did this get 'spun' into lecturing the father his son was partly to blame?

Easy, your post doesn't end with the sentence you quote above. Your writing implies your "talk" (Because of course you weren't lecturing) with the father continues on about how it was partly the kids fault for displaying black culture. I would recommend adding a paragraph break prior to that if your "sit down" with the father was going to end at his bad parenting.

I saw the news story on this just this morning. While tragic and a complete act of insanity by the guy who shot his son I could hardly sit and listen to the father talk about his new mission in life, "Kill guns not kids" and how all he could dwell upon is how "The cops are the only ones who are trained and should be the only ones with guns". I would love to sit down with the father and while I would express my condolences for his son I would like to ask him what happened along the way with him ever teaching his son about proper behavior and respect when in public? While completely wrong and his son should not have died over this his he is partly to blame for his own death by a standard display of a part of the black culture IE. that of the loud music, hip hop, thug/gangsta attitude and appearance that has come to be an accepted part of our society.

Couple knocks on the front door in the dead of night may just change this father's mind...
Sure fixed my once lib accountant, next morning he needed a gun. Turns out waiting for the police to come & save him took an hour. He was armed with only a baseball bat and felt extremely undergunned thinking he might hafta defend against an armed felon.

Your writing implies your "talk" (Because of course you weren't lecturing) with the father continues on about how it was partly the kids fault for displaying black culture.
No it does not. If you carefully read what I stated all I said was.
I would express my condolences for his son I would like to ask him what happened along the way with him ever teaching his son about proper behavior and respect when in public?
The question mark on the end concluded it with with no further implication. The last part,
While completely wrong and his son should not have died over this his he is partly to blame for his own death by a standard display of a part of the black culture IE. that of the loud music, hip hop, thug/gangsta attitude and appearance that has come to be an accepted part of our society.
is again my opinion and would NOT have been a part of my conversation with the father as it obviously would have little convincing effect.

whenever i've gotten tired of hearing a neighbor's loud music or noise coming from their ghetto blaster television surround sound system, i would locate their circuit breaker, and trip it. fortunately all of the neighbors i've lived next to are totally clueless as to what the issue is. i love hearing them on their cell phone talking to the power company. it works like a charm!

The last part, is again my opinion and would NOT have been a part of my conversation with the father as it obviously would have little convincing effect.

Agreed, probably about as effective as asking him about what happened to him ever teaching his son about proper behavior and respect when in public.

Me personally, I would like to sit down with the shooters father and lecture him about what went wrong along the away in teaching his son about proper behavior and respect when in public.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top