Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Florida State Police Office arests Miami cop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grunwald, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I really like seeing things like this.

I have police fly by me all the time on 126 doing 100+, only to see them at their refueling station a few minutes later.
    I guess chatting with their friends while gassing up was an emergency worth endangering others lives.

The benefit of it being old news is that you can look up the outcome:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/04/speeding_cop_fausto_lopez_sent.php

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We had to do some night paving one night in Albany. Since it was a one round kind of thing the asphult plant loaded us up and the guys went home. Well 4 hours later when we showed up the security kid had locked the gate. At the time only 1-2 of us had keys to their gate. So 4-5 of us not lucky to be one of the key holders had to hang out on the end of lancaster st. at the entry gate,

In the hour we were there waiting to get in so we could park our trucks and go home to bed. We watched maybe 10-12 Marion County Sheriffs and Salem Police cars come screaming up to the light at Cordon Rd. (The county jail and sheriffs office is about 1/2 mile past Cordon Rd on Lancaster) every single one of them accelerated almost to the point of spinning tires when they had to wait for the light. We watched two of them actually pass through the intersection so late on the yellow that the light had gone red before they crossed the stop line. This after flooring it near the driveway we were waiting at in order to make it.

All of us were amazed at the total lack of reason for this. Until we figured it out. Not their cars not their gas they weren't going to get a ticket and they just didn't care.

4. Sincere

Sincere Between Cascadia and Jefferson Active Member

"The arrest set off something of a tiff between FHP and Miami officers that involved a botch attempt at a retaliatory ticket, a poop-smeared patrol car, and, eventually, a charity softball game."

This is an example of one of the numerous reasons that people hate cops.

They are often pathetic, irreverent little boys who act like gangsters. "You think you can give US a ticket? We'll ticket you back and smear poop on your car" and that's how they treat other cops!

We just get 19 rounds to the chest from their 'GLOCK 40'. Or gang-beaten into unconsciousness if we are lucky.

"STOP RESISTING!!! STOP RESISTING!!! IT'S 6-on-1 BUT STOP RESISTING!!!"

5. contrarian

contrarian WA state New Member

"Lopez could have faced 90 days in jail for reckless driving charges, but because he entered a no contest plea he will instead get 100 hours of community service. He will also have to pay $3,300 in court costs."

Does a ''no contest'' plea work as well for the rest of us? 120 in a [presumably] 60 MPH zone?

6. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

If someone gets injured by the LEO driving at high speed it rarely if ever results in anything negative against the LEO. There have been a number of cases where innocent people have been hit by speeding LEO's and the LEO was not found at fault.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  7. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Seattle Active Member

Just found this gem on another gun site.
    Beating Juveniles, Falsifying Reports, Hiding Drugs in His Squad Car, Stealing From Suspects: Meet the $60K-Per Year Cop Who Can’t Be Fired | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Sgt. Bosque (image courtesy NY Daily News)
    He has been accused of car theft, beating juveniles, falsifying reports, boarding a plane with a loaded gun, possession of narcotics, and stealing from suspects. He has been disciplined for driving with a suspended license, disobeying direct orders, and engaging in high-speed chases (one of which involved four deaths).
    And then there’s this little gem [via the Miami Herald]:
    In February 2008 … the state attorney’s office began noticing that key drug evidence in some of his cases was missing. [Bosque’s] police car was inspected, and investigators found an empty Smirnoff vodka bottle, a small bag of cocaine, crack pipes, Florida license plates, a pile of driver’s licenses he had seized, along with a stack of arrest reports he had never turned in.
    He was expelled from police academy twice and fired from two other departments before joining the Opa-locka force. He has a mile-long record of misconduct and has been investigated dozens of times by the police. He has been arrested and jailed three times and fired at least six. He has been disciplined more than any officer in the Sunshine State, according to the Daily Mail, and yet, he’s still on the payroll.

8. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

There is definitely problems with giving so much power to the police and living in a "police state". I experienced it first hand what happens when the police have so much power when I was in Africa. How about having an AK-47 pointed at you and being told you need to give the officer money, food and water in order to pass the checkpoint. Thank God, America is not like this yet; all who knows with the way things are going. Strangely enough, I witnessed a bit of this phenomenon in Southern Idaho, where I feel police go way beyond the boundaries of our laws and the confines of protecting and serving the public. Large bands of police would be sitting on the sidewalks watching people going in and out of bars. I would see a large amount of car searches. This is another reason I was inclined to leave the state. Of course, I respect greatly the police who diligently work hard to help other people and do put their life on the line to protect others. However with power, comes corruption, its the nature of the universe it seems. Not that a large and effective police presence is bad, but when they start to turn your average citizens into the criminals, then we are in a bad situation.

As far as the police lady who pulled a gun on a fellow uniformed officer, well you know how she will be viewed by some of her fellow officers now, "Squeak Squeak, Gee. I smell a rat..".. I don't understand how the mafia mentality has made its way into law enforcement.. As I feel that is dangerous.. I commend an officer willing to risk her reputation with her peers to do what she felt was right..