JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The jerk with the clipboard and radio would be back for "visual obstruction of the sky" or "casting a shadow over a property line" or a "building height encroachment".

LOL - that's almost funny. When CA was planning to build a new death row at San Quentin one of the plans was shot down by some SF bay committee because one of the buildings (cell blocks) would have cast a shadow a whopping 14 feet onto the bay at high tide. I strongly suggested Corrections buy houses on the same block of those on the committee and use them as half way houses if they didn't back off. I wonder how that would have impacted their property values...

It does bother me when the smoke from my neighbor's grill blows on to my property. It's really irritating because it means he's eating better than I am that night.

HOA's are a joke. Everyone I've know that's lived in one has regretted it. From telling you what color you can paint your house, to criticizing your lawn care, to telling you you need to do certain types of maintenance on your house. No thanks. I'll never live in a place like that.

My sister keeps an immaculate house and yard. But she had some brown spots in her lawn. The HOA threatened to fine her if she didn't get the spots taken care of ASAP. She told them to suck eggs and sold her house rather than fix the spots, just out of spite. Yeah, she'll go that far if she wants to make a point.

Like ZA said, these are tiny people with a little power, and they love wielding it over others. Most of them, in fact, are people that don't have much of a life except to make other people feel miserable.

Let the BBQ chug on my man, let it burn!

I think I'll start an HOA in my neighborhood. The rule will be if you BBQ, you've got to make enough for me, or I'll fine you ;)

I don't care if the guy is grilling every meal everyday. This is America it should smell of BBQ and arrogance.

This is why I will NEVER live in HOA housing.

A guy I work with is looking at buying a condo in Lake Oswego of all places. He said the last place he looked at had a monthly HOA of $500!!! And you could not have your garage open. Only time you can open it is if you are pulling out or in your car.
And you can't have anything in your lawn or around your door.
No storing your hose outside. Everything has to be put away when your done using it.

F you in the mouth.

:eek: :s0113: :s0140:

I can see both sides. And actually, it already happened here in Portland some time ago when Reo's Ribs moved from TV Hwy into SW Portland, and then to Lents before finally shutting down.

<broken link removed>

I believe it has a lot to do with the wood. I think BBQ smells delicious (as does grilling, for those who recognize that distinction). Makes my mouth water. I drop whatever I'm doing and walk like a zombie to the source, salivating for food. The guy in Glencullen (BH Hwy between Raleigh Hills and Hillsdale) makes some tasty, good smelling BBQ in a big smoker that's usually going. I stop there a lot.

But I learned over the years to close my vents before I drove through Reo's opaque cloud of stench rolling across the road in Aloha. What was he burning? Burl of railroad tie?

Done right, BBQ creates the enticing smell of classic American cuisine. So I wonder which of my neighbors is melting plastic on their grill about once a week. Tonight's Special: Medallions of free-range Alpenrose milk jug. WTF???

I don't care if the guy is grilling every meal everyday. This is America it should smell of BBQ and arrogance.

This is why I will NEVER live in HOA housing.

A guy I work with is looking at buying a condo in Lake Oswego of all places. He said the last place he looked at had a monthly HOA of $500!!! And you could not have your garage open. Only time you can open it is if you are pulling out or in your car.
And you can't have anything in your lawn or around your door.
No storing your hose outside. Everything has to be put away when your done using it.

F you in the mouth.
HHHHAAAAAHHHHAAA ! :s0140: ''F you in the mouth'' :s0073::s0095: YAAAAAAAAAAA! :s0069: :s0160:

I can see both sides. And actually, it already happened here in Portland some time ago when Reo's Ribs moved from TV Hwy into SW Portland, and then to Lents before finally shutting down.

<broken link removed>

I believe it has a lot to do with the wood. I think BBQ smells delicious (as does grilling, for those who recognize that distinction). Makes my mouth water. I drop whatever I'm doing and walk like a zombie to the source, salivating for food. The guy in Glencullen (BH Hwy between Raleigh Hills and Hillsdale) makes some tasty, good smelling BBQ in a big smoker that's usually going. I stop there a lot.

But I learned over the years to close my vents before I drove through Reo's opaque cloud of stench rolling across the road in Aloha. What was he burning? Burl of railroad tie?

Done right, BBQ creates the enticing smell of classic American cuisine. So I wonder which of my neighbors is melting plastic on their grill about once a week. Tonight's Special: Medallions of free-range Alpenrose milk jug. WTF???
I remember when he had his smoker on the sidewalk on Macadam. Smoke city. Had some of the overpriced ribs once and got a knot in my stomach for some hours and I only ate like one rib. yuk

<broken link removed>

Done right the only smoke coming from the pit should be a light blue color...darker = not enough heat...lighter = too much heat. Temperatures being defined as 225-275 for accepted cooking temps depending on what meat is being cooked.
The smoke color is the prime indicator of your pit temp.

Done right the only smoke coming from the pit should be a light blue color...darker = not enough heat...lighter = too much heat. Temperatures being defined as 225-275 for accepted cooking temps depending on what meat is being cooked.
The smoke color is the prime indicator of your pit temp.

Let's clear the air...my above post only applies if your are cooking with wood as your prime fuel source or charcoal and a wood combo. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

If I were that guy, it would be my mission in life to mess with that lady. I'd squirt bloody tuna scent in her car, spray pepper spray on her door knob, spray roundup on her yard so there is dead patch that says C U Next Tuesday.
Salt - ruins the soil - worked for the roman empire and much cheaper than roundup.

Made me think of this one:
picture.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews