JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cause the "course" you have to take in Oregon for your CHL is so much better in regards to training……

If people want to train they will. If they don't then guess what…. they won't. A "permit" won't affect that.

If you have a pulse, can breathe, and don't have any felonies you can get a CHL.
I feel the same about driving licenses. I feel they should be MUCH more difficult to weed out the.. ahem... dumber folk a la Finland. CHL courses are too easy/brief.

I feel the same about driving licenses. I feel they should be MUCH more difficult to weed out the.. ahem... dumber folk a la Finland. CHL courses are too easy/brief.
Just so we're on the same page, do you want someone like Feinstein determining what you should know?

Do you live in Oregon?

Cause if you're worried about the "safety" of your family because people can carry a gun without having to apply for a CHL then how do you feel about measure 110? Cause I see people shooting up or smoking crack/meth/heroine/etc while driving on the highways daily here in Oregon. Swerving, nodding off, almost hitting people with buses full of kids/families all around. Or them breaking in to housing, businesses, holding people at knife or gun point to get a "decriminalized" fix.

I'm much more concerned with that than someone carrying a gun LEGALLY without the process of a CHL. Criminals already do it. Why shouldn't legal Americans be able to as well?

Fortunately I'm far away from that situation. I only worry about what our dumb governor will pull next.
It doesn't matter where you are, the point is, the individuals responsible coming up with the training will be someone like Feinstein or the likes. Do you really want someone that has a negative knowledge of firearms to come up with the requirements?

It doesn't matter where you are, the point is, the individuals responsible coming up with the training will be someone like Feinstein or the likes. Do you really want someone that has a negative knowledge of firearms to come up with the requirements?
F-ck. No.

My problem is the poor holstering techniques I've seen, heck there's usually no holster at all (Glock in BBall shorts or unholstered in a purse are typical). I also worry about the safety of myself and my family with so many poorly trained new carriers running around. A little training goes a long way, but frequent training helps instill safe handling and makes the 2A community look better.
I agree with you in spirit. But in the larger sense, I'm way more concerned with %50+ of the other drivers I see every day. This includes people behind the wheel who are on the clock.

I agree with you in spirit. But in the larger sense, I'm way more concerned with %50+ of the other drivers I see every day. This includes people behind the wheel who are on the clock.
I've got a buddy that's absolutely terrified of school shooting. We have less than five typically in a given year with approximately 250k schools in the US.

I agree with you in spirit. But in the larger sense, I'm way more concerned with %50+ of the other drivers I see every day. This includes people behind the wheel who are on the clock
Good point, I do worry about drivers more than anything else for the most part. People just don't understand the sheer power of physics and how quickly they're spanning the length of a football field.

My problem is the poor holstering techniques I've seen, heck there's usually no holster at all (Glock in BBall shorts or unholstered in a purse are typical). I also worry about the safety of myself and my family with so many poorly trained new carriers running around. A little training goes a long way, but frequent training helps instill safe handling and makes the 2A community look better.
So you never take your family out of your home then correct? If you are that worried about someone dropping a gun and it magically hitting you or yours you must not ever venture out where there are motor vehicles.

Cause the "course" you have to take in Oregon for your CHL is so much better in regards to training……

If people want to train they will. If they don't then guess what…. they won't. A "permit" won't affect that.

If you have a pulse, can breathe, and don't have any felonies you can get a CHL.
I love the people who are scared to death of guns while ignoring how many people are killed daily by vehicles? How many of those killed by a vehicle driven by someone who showed the state they are "qualified" to operate that machine.

So you never take your family out of your home then correct? If you are that worried about someone dropping a gun and it magically hitting you or yours you must not ever venture out where there are motor vehicles.
I never mentioned dropping. If somebody feels that carrying in those ways is adequate, I'd expect their idea of when/how to use the weapon is a bit skewed as well.

Just like when I see truck nuts I automatically assume that individual is likely a male that peaked in high school, was never good enough for his father and became bitter and compensated for his sadness with testosterone, or is under 6'0 tall. ;)

I never mentioned dropping. If somebody feels that carrying in those ways is adequate, I'd expect their idea of when/how to use the weapon is a bit skewed as well.

Just like when I see truck nuts I automatically assume that individual is likely a male that peaked in high school, was never good enough for his father and became bitter and compensated for his sadness with testosterone, or is under 6'0 tall. ;)
If it were a problem, it would have shown up by now. Also, to extend your logic, based on the way you post, you probably shouldn't drive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top