JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Looking at the Anytown website they have it listed as "gunfire on school grounds" and not "School Shootings". Checking the Way Back Machine it looks like at some point they *might* have changed that from something else, but they may also have started including non "school shootings" (like after hours / summer occurrences :s0092:

Looking at the Anytown website they have it listed as "gunfire on school grounds" and not "School Shootings". Checking the Way Back Machine it looks like at some point they *might* have changed that from something else, but they may also have started including non "school shootings" (like after hours / summer occurrences :s0092:

Its been a long while since I fact checked them but they uses to call anything on school grounds a "school shooting". Yes, they do update their statistics as they keep up with the times.
I also take issue with them defining "mass shooting" by body count and not motivation. They havent updated that definition yet but theres not been "hundreds" of "mass shootings" each year.

Huh? Why would motivation change the definition?
Because a drug deal gone bad is not a mass shooting just because of body count.
The antis dont want to admit that actual mass shootings are still rare, but "hundreds" per year is more impressionable.

The antis dont want to admit that actual mass shootings are still rare, but "hundreds" per year is more impressionable.
I mean, it is the way (AFAIK) "mass shooting" has always been used, but it sounds like a solid argument for a required qualifier on every report, like "involved or non involved victims", or something that indicates if the people shot had any responsibility in creating the situation.

I really see a mass shooting as more of a terrorist attack without the political or religious elements. Going to a public place with the intention of hurting or murdering innocents is terrorism to me. Fortunately some recent events have been foiled by good guys with a gun (GGWAG).

Traditional media is dead. Well, in America. For me it's not worth arguing over due to their lack of journalistic value. Too little to measure. Integrity was the word I was seeking. No Integrity.

They need more headlines to keep the "guns are evil" narrative on the front pages. They changed the definition of "mass shooting" to a victim count rather than the previous "spree killer" definition. They know that the real "news" people remember is headlines and "buzz", not hard facts and thoughtful interpretations. Too bad. Good decisions are only made with hard facts and thoughtful interpretations, but that's not how political management of "the public" works.

I really like how you accuse others of noticing "incorrect thought" and then end your post with a comment about incorrect thought. And how you imply that "two random members" have perhaps incorrect views on gun rights. You ever wonder how much healthy conversation is stifled because people here might be afraid to post what they really think, for fear of this kind of tripe?

How about a snack?

View attachment 1257642
Those are probably the best cheap eats in Seattle. Not sure I could take down a whole bag though. Please don't get all worked up when something gets dished right back at you in similar fashion as we've become used to your person dishing out. Streets generally are two way, you don't have to like it but should probably get used to it. Please enjoy your weekend, it's beautiful weather outside.

I mean, it is the way (AFAIK) "mass shooting" has always been used, but it sounds like a solid argument for a required qualifier on every report, like "involved or non involved victims", or something that indicates if the people shot had any responsibility in creating the situation.
"mass shootings" are not a new thing, but its only been recently they have been defined by body count and that new definition was invented by either the media or Everytown. Doing so is a strawman to include all shootings as a mass shooting to up the count of something tragic to blame on guns. Google mass shootings and you will get a really high number, then without googling it tell us how many legit mass shootings weve had this year and most people only recall the ones that take place in public places where the motiv of the crime was to take their depression and rage out on society. Sadly even the FBI is now using the new definition but google the Texas Clock tower shooting (charles whitman) and it was reported for what it was by motivation a shooting spree or maybe a mass murder.

Please don't get all worked up when something gets dished right back at you in similar fashion as we've become used to your person dishing out.
Let me get this straight. You are telling me not "get all worked up" because you are dishing something back at me because someone else - "your person" - did stuff you don't like.

WOW. That is new and special.

Have a great day. It's nice outside.

Last Edited:
Let me get this straight. You are telling me not "get all worked up" because you are dishing something back at me because someone else - "your person" - did stuff you don't like.

WOW. That is new and special.

Have a great day. It's nice outside.
Not sure what is so confusing here but I whatever. It's is very nice outside, been working in the yard all morning, almost done then taking the family down to the river.

self-1.jpg

Agree. That is intentional. After the Florida high school mass shooting, Washington Post published a lengthy story about mass shooting deaths. They counted and named 1135 mass shooting victims since 1966. That averaged 22 deaths per year. 26 people die in the US each year from lightning strikes (Insurance Institute). To bump up the headline impact, the news people redefined "mass shooting" to mean any event with 4 people or more hit by gunfire. Now when gangs shoot at each other, they call it "mass shooting" so they can claim hundreds of "mass shootings" per year.

Agree. That is intentional. After the Florida high school mass shooting, Washington Post published a lengthy story about mass shooting deaths. They counted and named 1135 mass shooting victims since 1966. That averaged 22 deaths per year. 26 people die in the US each year from lightning strikes (Insurance Institute). To bump up the headline impact, the news people redefined "mass shooting" to mean any event with 4 people or more hit by gunfire. Now when gangs shoot at each other, they call it "mass shooting" so they can claim hundreds of "mass shootings" per year.
That's how they got people to quit killing sharks. "You're more likely to get struck by lightening than get attacked by a shark". Just imagine how many people would die if the interior states had sharks? I mean, guns are everywhere.

That's a little weird to average that going back to 1966 and compare them to lightning. There aren't an increasing number of lightning deaths every year.
Good gad. It was a direct comparison to the quoted stat of 1135 mass shootings since 1966. That stat also wasn't breaking them down by number of occurances/increases per year... hence... "yearly average".

What's your point?? :s0092:

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews