JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Barely a blurb on it. Shock! On Sunday, a CC good guy put down a 22yr old after retreiving a firearm from his vehicle and threatened to shoot everyone at a local gathering. After failing to comply with participants pleas to drop his firearm, the good guy dropped him. The 22yr old died at the scene.

đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

Not that I am heartless or have no empathy, I have Cancer, regardless of whether the perp had mental issues, one less evil person.

Well I can see why the legacy media did not want to touch that one. Sad part is how many of these, and "close calls" are there daily that the press ignores for the same reason. Can't have those who do not pay attention thinking guns ever do any "good" 🤬

The problem with this one is that 22 year old didn't pull the trigger. While the 32 year old was completely justified in shooting him, it doesn't feel quite as heroic or necessary as when violence has actually taken place. It's the kind of incident that leaves you wondering if the 22 year old would have eventually given up vs actually hurt anyone. It also makes you wonder if the event took place as the people there described it, or if they are telling a version of events that helps the 32 year old, since there weren't any shots fired by the dead guy to confirm the story.

That's why it is not 'feel good' news.

There is also world of difference between making threats and attempted murder. How many people would the FBI have to shoot if threatening FBI agents was enough? :D

The problem with this one is that 22 year old didn't pull the trigger. While the 32 year old was completely justified in shooting him, it doesn't feel quite as heroic or necessary as when violence has actually taken place. It's the kind of incident that leaves you wondering if the 22 year old would have eventually given up vs actually hurt anyone. It also makes you wonder if the event took place as the people there described it, or if they are telling a version of events that helps the 32 year old, since there weren't any shots fired by the dead guy to confirm the story.

There is also world of difference between making threats and attempted murder. How many people would the FBI have to shoot if threatening FBI agents was enough? :D
The 22-year-old victim went to his car to retrieve a gun and threatened to shoot up the gathering. He was told repeatedly to put his weapon down.

Yep, by all means lets not drop him now. Wait till he starts pulling the trigger. How many should he be allowed to shoot first? Is one enough? No, he might stop there, lets let him shoot at least 3 before we call in the social workers. Something must be wrong with me that I will not feel bad for the scum who got shot. Oh well.

Yeah.... we really SHOULD wait for a few bodies to hit the ground before anyone tries to interfere, hu.:s0140:

About the craziest thing I've read on here, TBH. If a guy tells surrounding persons he's going to start shooting everyone, goes to his vehicle to retreive his firearm, brandishes said firearm, approaches the group of innocent bystanders and ignores said persons yelling at him to put the gun down.... he shouldn't be suprised if he get's potatoed.

Someones huffing something they shouldn't or just on the troll again, me thinks.... :s0092:

The 22-year-old victim went to his car to retrieve a gun and threatened to shoot up the gathering. He was told repeatedly to put his weapon down.

Yep, by all means lets not drop him now. Wait till he starts pulling the trigger. How many should he be allowed to shoot first? Is one enough? No, he might stop there, lets let him shoot at least 3 before we call in the social workers. Something must be wrong with me that I will not feel bad for the scum who got shot. Oh well.
Yeah.... we really SHOULD wait for a few bodies to hit the ground before anyone tries to interfere, hu.:s0140:

About the craziest thing I've read on here, TBH. If a guy tells surrounding persons he's going to start shooting everyone, goes to his vehicle to retreive his firearm, brandishes said firearm, approaches the group of innocent bystanders and ignores said persons yelling at him to put the gun down.... he shouldn't be suprised if he get's potatoed.

Someones huffing something they shouldn't or just on the troll again, me thinks.... :s0092:
You guys can't read. I said the shooting was justified.

The question posed in the OP is why this event wasn't popular news. And I listed all the reasons that it might not feel like a story news agencies feel like re-telling.

For one of the tens of thousands of shootings in the US to become national, it has to be especially egregious, heroic or controversial to qualify as having enough human interest to get picked up. This story lacks those elements.

Last Edited:
You guys can't read. I said the shooting was justified.

The question posed in the OP is why this event wasn't popular news. And I listed all the reasons that it might not feel like a story news agencies feel like re-telling.
If you think you did, you didn't. If multiple people are misunderstanding what you think you wrote, that's not a comprehension problem... it's a posting problem.

"The question posed in the OP"??

I posed no such question. I stated and hinted to the well known fact that "good guy with a gun" stories never receive the coverage they deserve and highly disproportionate to those articles that toe the democrats anti-2A bullet points. I don't need to ask for feedback as to why. I already know. ;)

If you think you did, you didn't. If multiple people are misunderstanding what you think you wrote, that's not a comprehension problem... it's a posting problem.

"The question posed in the OP"??

I posed no such question. I stated and hinted to the well known fact that "good guy with a gun" stories never receive the coverage they deserve and highly disproportionate to those articles that toe the democrats anti-2A bullet points. I don't need to ask for feedback as to why. I already know. ;)
Good guy with a gun stories get on the news all the time. The guy who shot the mass shooter at the mall last month was national news.

So I'm going to assume that the two of you just have knee jerk reactions to things you read and don't take time to think.

National news is not based on merit. It isn't an hour of people helping kittens out of trees and donating to food drives.

Good guy with a gun stories get on the news all the time. The guy who shot the mass shooter at the mall last month was national news.

So I'm going to assume that the two of you just have knee jerk reactions to things you read and don't take time to think.

National news is not based on merit. It isn't an hour of people helping kittens out of trees and donating to food drives.
Pointing out the few odd cases that are limited exceptions does not in any way debate the validity of the point. They occur much more frequently and are often never reported on, reported on only locally, and only but rarely make national news. The ones that do, also only do so for a limited time and quickly fall silent with little follow up reporting.

Now, a successful mass shooting and the evils of firearms.... that'll be marched across every news outlet nationwide and bled dry for months on end. Laws will be made and changed in their name. Granted, blood and death "sells", but the effective weight of the anti-2A message goes hand in hand with much more impact than the "good guy with a gun" reporting.

Hardly equivalent by any stretch of the imagination.

Quite definately just trolling again. ~I'm Out, again... Have fun! 🤣

Pointing out the few odd cases that are limited exceptions does not in any way debate the validity of the point. They occur much more frequently and are often never reported on, reported on only locally, and only but rarely make national news. The ones that do, also only do so for a limited time and quickly fall silent with little follow up reporting.

Now, a successful mass shooting and the evils of firearms.... that'll be marched across every news outlet nationwide and bled dry for months on end. Laws will be made and changed in their name. Granted, blood and death "sells", but the effective weight of the anti-2A message goes hand in hand with much more impact than the "good guy with a gun" reporting.

Hardly equivalent by any stretch of the imagination.

Quite definately just trolling again. ~I'm Out, again... Have fun! 🤣
You're an adult, yet seem unaware of what becomes national news. Most gun crimes also dont make it.

So it looks like the point of attacking me is to further your identity politics.

It's great that he was stopped BEFORE he killed or killed njured anyone, that should qualify it as a "feel good" story

Good guy with gun story reposted:

Do not repost any of the crazy guys manifesto(s)...
Was that the same guy that attempted to enter an FBI office with a nail gun? Convoluted reports it seems. He had an actual firearm too or he was having a "shootout" with his nail gun?

It wouldn't suprise me in the least if a nail gun was reported by the media as "shots fired" just to fit the narrative. 🤣

Maybe a firearm too, but kinda sad if you can't really be sure what "shots fired" actually means when the media says it, hu!?

Are you sure this is the correct place for you and your personal beliefs?

I will echo others thoughts....
Dude retrieved a firearm. After making threats. He is now dead. And for a good reason.
There is no reason to wait until bodies are on the ground to believe that someone is actually serious about their threats at a scene like that.

Trying to stretch that logic to the FBI and their vast resources to investigate threats as a similar situation is a red herring fallacy.

Last Edited:
Are you sure this is correct place for you and your personal beliefs?
UNSCANNABLE!!!!
e0142b26-59bf-4672-9a7a-2cd4ad901ccf_screenshot.jpg

For one of the tens of thousands of shootings in the US to become national, it has to be especially egregious, heroic or controversial to qualify as having enough human interest to get picked up. This story lacks those elements.
I would think stopping a mass shooting would be considered especially heroic.

Are you sure this is correct place for you and your personal beliefs?

I will echo others thoughts....
Dude retrieved a firearm. After making threats. He is now dead. And for a good reason.
There is no reason to wait until bodies are on the ground to believe that someone is actually serious about their threats at a scene like that.

Trying to stretch that logic to the FBI and their vast resources to investigate threats as a similar situation is a red herring fallacy.
You have to remember this is a "common theme". Some scum grabs a gun and gets dropped, here come the crying. The what if he really was not going to shoot, and other BS. Yet those making these inane comments suddenly change if some loved one of theirs is killed while no one stopped that kook. No different than the anti Cop people who scream for Cops to come save them when they are in trouble. It really is a mental disorder with a lot of these people.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads