Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Florida does it right with gun laws

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Just Jim, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

2. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Like to see something like that here in Oregon, then PDX might have a hard time keeping its illegal ordinances in the books.

3. R-Rizzo

R-Rizzo NW Oregon Member

Do you have examples off Portland's Illegal ordinances? Only two that I can think of are Port of Portland PD ban in non secure area of airport (which I believe has been corrected) and the University Systema attempt to regulate carry by students...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The laws passed in the last year regarding reporting stolen firearms, storage of firearms, etc. There were a number of ones that looked illegal.

I like the enforcement provision of Florida's law. I wonder if the Portland city council would have thought about the questionable ordinances a bit harder if they would each be personally liable. I also imagine no cop would enforce them. 5k and your job are pretty high stakes.

5. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

While under the Oregon Constitution they can have a regulation to ban loaded carry for those without CHL. They do NOT have the authority to ban loaded magazines (which I believe is still standing in their ordinance book).

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Glad to see Florida following Washingtons lead!!
    We've had State preemption since at least 1983
    Concealed carry since sometime in the 1930's
    Must issue CPL licenses since about 1963