JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Concealed carry reciprocity with Fla. stopped by AG’s office?

An alert from the Unified Sportsmen of Florida (USF) to Evergreen State residents could have an immediate impact on the office of Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson, a Democrat who did not fill out a National Rifle Association questionnaire, and who, during the campaign, was rather vague about his position on gun rights.

<broken link removed>

Looks like no Disney World trip for this kid!

;)

Dave, per Gary Slider on THR and Handgunlaw.US FUBAR Fergie is throwing a fit because FL will issue to under 21 under SOME conditions. (Specifically, it has to be honorably-discharged .MIL IIRC.)

My gut? His next move will probably be to drop states over the most nitpicky little things he can find, going by neither the letter of the law ("Substantially Similar") nor the spirit.

Hey, any ideas about ramrodding an initiative through for us to become a Universal Recognition state? (Well, maybe UR EXCEPT the Kommunist Kollektivist Kleptof---okracies of Kalifornistan and Demokratik People's Republik of Bloombergograd... and maybe the Chickenpooper's Coop.)

The anti's will chip away at our rights any way they can. One chip at a time until they demolish the whole rock. That is their plan. However, if we keep fighting, the rock may just roll over and crush them. :)

surprise! surprise! He is like Cuomo, Insley and Christie in thinking this garbage will advance his political career. I think a universal recognition initiative would be a good thing.

I just wrote the following to my State Senator and two Representatives - also another driectlt to Ferguson & Insley (a waste I know), plus will call in the a.m.
Butch
Dear Senator Mullet, Representative Rodne and Representative Magendanz,

I have read in the article below that our State Attorney General, Bob Ferguson, has revoked the concealed pistol reciprocity agreement we have with the State of Florida.

<broken link removed> by Dave Workman

His expressed concern, I understand, is that last year Florida reduced the age allowed to carry concealed firearms to 18 for Military Veterans. Since our State requires 21 years of age and no allowance for Veterans, AG Ferguson appears within his authority to make this decision.

I wonder why, or if, he contacted/notified the Legislature prior to taking this action. Having served in the Military (45 years ago) and having a Son who also served, I believe Veteran Military individuals are better prepared to handle a firearm then most.

I would ask the Legislature consider recognizing, as Florida has done, that Veterans' have demonstrated - better then many - their maturity and ability to accept adult responsibility.

In this year of turmoil over the 2nd Amendment I also understand how difficult such a request would be to move forward. That doesn’t mean it should not be offered and those opposing our Veterans Rights so identified.

Thank you,

Butch Wright

So let me see; he is worried about a veteran carrying a gun.

You join at 18, spend at least a couple years min ( not sure the min required ), by the time you get out most will be 21 aways or close to it.

So where is the problem MR Fergstien??

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads