JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll spare the details, but I have a hole in the concrete floor of my garage that I need to fill and I was considering a floor safe.

Does anyone have any experience with specific brands/models of floor safes?

Nope. Any needed considerations for water or moisture, or are you East of the "rain forest"?

Peter

I live in the Willamette Valley, high water table at my place. No problems with moisture infiltration on the top side though, it's inside the garage in a location not subject to cars/garage door etc...

Would be ok if you kept on TOP of the moisture issue. Maybe if everything was prepared for long term storage.

Maybe use it for something that's not going to rust----- supplies?

Well, it's going to be fully encased in concrete so I guess the water table wouldn't be an issue, and I'd probably install it and do the pour such that it's an inch or two above the existing floor. I was just wondering if anyone has one and if they're happy with the one they have.

Star and Major are quality, long established brands. You can put in any length of pipe you want into it, so the safe can be six feet deep, if that is what you desire. Floor safes are perfect for storing electronic media, because they typically stay below 115 degrees even if your house burns down. Great for cash or jewels or limited documents, not for guns. Dry bags, the kind that rafters use, are great to store your valuables inside the safe. If you use a long piece of pipe as the safe body, tying ropes through the handles allows you to stack things efficiently in there. It is impossible to keep moisture out of floor safes here, so storing guns in them isn't wise. I am a locksmith, and I have opened many that were filled with rusty soup.

For what it's worth, I'm a certified professional safe technician and am happy to answer any specific questions you have to the best of my ability. Feel free to send a PM.

Star and Major are quality, long established brands. You can put in any length of pipe you want into it, so the safe can be six feet deep, if that is what you desire. Floor safes are perfect for storing electronic media, because they typically stay below 115 degrees even if your house burns down. Great for cash or jewels or limited documents, not for guns. Dry bags, the kind that rafters use, are great to store your valuables inside the safe. If you use a long piece of pipe as the safe body, tying ropes through the handles allows you to stack things efficiently in there. It is impossible to keep moisture out of floor safes here, so storing guns in them isn't wise. I am a locksmith, and I have opened many that were filled with rusty soup.

For what it's worth, I'm a certified professional safe technician and am happy to answer any specific questions you have to the best of my ability. Feel free to send a PM.

Thanks Hans, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. Custom depth would be nice.

So... In theory, I could safely store my mojo in say... a 10' deep bodied floor safe? I'm not worried about moisture, in fact that tends to activate my mojo... if you know what I mean (I thank you).... YEAH BABY!

Disclaimer: for those not in the know, that was an Austin Powers schtick. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top