JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had a few different flip sights, I have felt a few other flips sights and every single one (except the GG&G MAD REAR BUIS) has play in it. I bought GG&G's front flip sight to match it but it does not lock the same way and it has some play which obviously leads to long range inaccuracy

I am contimplating switching to a standard FSB so that I can have the reliable accuracy that a front sight should have but I want to run a scope that would conflict with that.

*Question. Who makes a replacement FSB with a flip up sight built in it that is actually SOLID as in there is absolutely 0 play in it.

I'm switching to plastic hg so please dont suggest rail mounted versions.

Thanks in Advance!!!

-Sam

Pic of my gun right now, Magpul moe hand guard is in the mail so its going look alot different soon. That LWRC ARM-R rail thats on it in the pic was horrible. The design was flawed so that the free float clamp would start to come loose after aggressive use. I've learned a valuable lesson. The more simple you keep things the better it will perform. Parts that look neat do about that and that only; look neat.

1021081616a.jpg
1021081612.jpg
1021081611.jpg
1021081623.jpg
1021081631.jpg
1021081636.jpg

so compared to being fixed, as in immovable, how would you say it does while flipped up? " no discernable play" means enough play that it doesn't bother you but still some play? I'm starting to come to the conclusion that there is no front sight made that is as good as a fixed sight as far as accuracy goes. If you are good with your irons you know how important every fraction of a mm can be. especially out past 100yds

A flip down sight will always be a compromise, they are not intended to be a primary sight....remember what BUIS stands for...even "noticable" movement in the sight shouldnt throw you off enough to miss a persom sized target at 100 yards....

I gear my guns for hunting sage rats and coyotes, thats what I kill in real life. I dont fantasize about shooting people and then call hunters that seek 'real' accuracy mall ninja's

....not your version

back to the topic of this thread...

I ended up getting the RRA flip-up GB so I can go shooting this weekend. I got my eye on the vltor and GG&G flip-up GB ...next payday

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top