JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I call them "slippers", as does anyone that has lived in the Hawaiian/pacific islands.
People have been wearing them for a very long time. Go barefoot over difficult ground for a few months and you'll see that they protect the sole of the foot very well.

:s0155:

I hate guys who wear them even more....and if you're wearing them with socks also........

I don't get this stupid trend, damn hippies

I don't get this stupid trend, damn hippies

p83r.jpg

xv7.gif

I am thinking some water sandals that have the friction tightener maybe hanging off the back of my BOB. That way after a tough tactical day I can chill around the campfire without my boots on. Course they way about as much as 2 Pmags so its all a trade off.

Brutus Out

I am thinking some water sandals that have the friction tightener maybe hanging off the back of my BOB. That way after a tough tactical day I can chill around the campfire without my boots on. Course they way about as much as 2 Pmags so its all a trade off.

Brutus Out
I always pack some slippers if I'm doing extended motorbike riding/touring.
Motorbike boots are great for protection (knock on wood) but suck for da chilin and sometimes even just walking. Slippers cost close to nothing, weigh nothing and pack small.. and are efficient/effective. I always bring my slippers.

I lived in Australia; Top End, for 10 months where 'Thongs' are typical foot wear. Due to the tropical climate thongs are quite practical. Sandals are thongs with a back strap, so one can walk backwards. Tac footie wear? doubtful, still one does what one can with what one has!

I wear flip flops whenever I can. However, mine are tactical in the sense that they have bottle openers on the bottom. Comes in handy. A lot.

And, yes. I pack with whatever shoes or other accessories I may be wearing. I accessorize my firearm based on my outfit of the day. And they are all effective, even if not a full sized duty weapons.

I wear nice ortho-slippers at home, work and on my daily commute. Then again, I work from home, so my commute is short. Outside the house I will appeal a little more to the tactigods, but not too much of course.

I just got back from walking down to the corner market in my flip flops. Had my Glock 19 on me like I always do.

I hate having those straps between my toes, I only wear the ones with the big wide strap that goes over the front of your foot.

My one bad incident with Aussie thongs/flops happened to my EX:
When in the bush one never just steps out of a vechicle; one cracks the door open and looks on the ground as best one can before stepping out, as far from the vechicle body as one can due to the nasty snakes that can be under the rig, or hanging from the hangey bits of the truck.
Wife stepped out quite carefully and POW something hits her big toe! Everyone (both of us) panics because if it's a snake that's all that's left to do. Turned out to be a ground burrowing bee, still took a few days for the pain to disappear :)

That's a good story. Years ago, I knew an Aussie and he was scared to death to come over here.. sure that he'd be eaten by a griz. And when I say "here", I mean anywhere at all in the US.
I had to laugh because I'm about the same way but reverse.. those bugs, snakes, crocs, yada freaking yada will get you over there.

That's a good story. Years ago, I knew an Aussie and he was scared to death to come over here.. sure that he'd be eaten by a griz. And when I say "here", I mean anywhere at all in the US.
I had to laugh because I'm about the same way but reverse.. those bugs, snakes, crocs, yada freaking yada will get you over there.

Every damn spider and snake is poisonous down under. bubblegum - even the platypuses!

Have you seen the pictures floating around FB of the obese people who are jogging and it says something along the lines of "You might think you're going slow, but you're still lapping everyone in the couch."?

That's how I feel about this. Even with flops, you're still a mile ahead of everyone who isn't carrying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top