JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seattle to pay SAF $38,000 in gun buyback records dispute

:s0155:

Anti-gun Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn leaves office soon, and yesterday his administration agreed yesterday to pay the Second Amendment Foundation $38,000 to settle a lawsuit filed earlier this year over the city’s failure to release all public records relating to January’s gun buyback fiasco, as detailed in today’s Seattle Times.

<broken link removed>

I love the fact that the money will go to support more gun rights.

Like when I was standing in line to turn in non-functioning guns worth virtually nothing that we got from some lady for $10 for gift cards to Fred Meyers. They asked what I was going to buy with the gift cards, and I told them "more ammo!"

I turned in a working pistol (well they thought it was a working pistol hey it went click) and turned around and used the money on a very nice Ruger MKIII 22-45rp. Thank you very much!

Seattle's check to SAF isn't in the mail, it's in Bellevue

Today, the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation finally received its holiday going-away gift from the City of Seattle and soon-to-be-ex-Mayor Mike McGinn's administration, the $38,000 settlement check from SAF's successful lawsuit over public records access.

<broken link removed>

Great! But now that McGinn is gone and Murray is in, we are going to go through this all again, because Murray is far more anti-gun than McGinn, and he's also far more connected. He makes McGinn look like a bumbling idiot.

I594 is just the start of the shenanigans for WA and Seattle in particular.

Great! But now that McGinn is gone and Murray is in, we are going to go through this all again, because Murray is far more anti-gun than McGinn, and he's also far more connected. He makes McGinn look like a bumbling idiot.

I594 is just the start of the shenanigans for WA and Seattle in particular.

Nobody made McGinn look like a bumbling idiot. he sort of accomplished that on his own.

Of course there is a concern about Murray being the brighter bulb on that block, but I'm not so certain his "connections" will help him that much in Olympia, because this is an election year and gun control is campaign poison. Besides, the legislature will have the two initiatives they can diddle with, making it look like they're doing something.

As for I-594, that's going to require all of us to dig in and fight back. And pass I-591 instead, putting the two measures into conflict.

It's halftime in America.

Of course there is a concern about Murray being the brighter bulb on that block, but I'm not so certain his "connections" will help him that much in Olympia, because this is an election year and gun control is campaign poison. Besides, the legislature will have the two initiatives they can diddle with, making it look like they're doing something.

As for I-594, that's going to require all of us to dig in and fight back. And pass I-591 instead, putting the two measures into conflict.

Agreed, Dave. 2014 is going to be a battle!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top