JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had never heard of this before until the recent problem in PA.

Apparently the young people put up notices on Twitter to head to a certain part of town at a certain time and they kind of raid the place.

At first it was just for fun then it all turned into a riot of sorts. Smashing shop windows, jumping on top of cars, beating women and men for fun, etc.

I googled it in our area and see we have also had some problems with this new fun game for teens. Down in Pioneer Square for one and I think some of Malls.

So if you see mobs of teen invade your space, turn on your heels and get the heck out before you become their entertainment. Hard to protect yourself from a mob and if you do pull a gun and start blasting away you will not be viewed well by any Grand Jury.

I had never heard of this before until the recent problem in PA.

Apparently the young people put up notices on Twitter to head to a certain part of town at a certain time and they kind of raid the place.

At first it was just for fun then it all turned into a riot of sorts. Smashing shop windows, jumping on top of cars, beating women and men for fun, etc.

I googled it in our area and see we have also had some problems with this new fun game for teens. Down in Pioneer Square for one and I think some of Malls.

So if you see mobs of teen invade your space, turn on your heels and get the heck out before you become their entertainment. Hard to protect yourself from a mob and if you do pull a gun and start blasting away you will not be viewed well by any Grand Jury.

What the heck happened to our Country....I say "our" loosely. It makes me sick.

A lack of dicipline and accountability is what us old folks see. Having been raised in a different time its easy to see the change in society.

But then every generation seems to whine about the same things so I guess its up to this younger generation as to what they want the face of the Republic to look like.

If they choose anarchy and chaos then that is what they shall have to live with. God bless them!

this has been happening for a while.. few years.. even in Portland. before twitter (which i know nothing about), they used text messages... they'd send a text to meet up at an intersection or whatever, converge, stomp someone or smash stuff, and then just stop and wander off in multiple directions. all the cops would find would be 30 teenagers calming walking down the sidewalk, blocks apart from each other, and a destroyed car/broken windows/beat up people somewhere in the epicenter.

I had never heard of this before until the recent problem in PA..

Where have you been hiding for the last five years?

They are usually harmless pranks. The problems in PA are unusual and more akin to a riot than any flash mob I've ever seen.

Americans have been rioting since day one. It's the price of freedom of speech and assembly, you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

These kids do it out of bordem. Nothing to do so why not break isht.

I guess they were never taught the ability to safely entertain themselves without damaging other peoples property.

What do they call them? Generation..."MTV" ? I'm classified as "X" but am nothing like the other tards my age.

They are usually harmless pranks. The problems in PA are unusual and more akin to a riot than any flash mob I've ever seen.

Americans have been rioting since day one. It's the price of freedom of speech and assembly, you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

Not true. This stuff has become a sport and I never saw it growing up in the Midwest. The only thing close to this crapola is are the race riots that occurred in Detroit, Miami and other cities. I was in the middle of the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles back in the 1980s

But race riots are a lot different from this Flash Mob stuff, and they are very rare. its not a weekly occurrence.

When young teen are allowed to "act out" their bottled up anger issues it can lead to some serious trouble. And, of course, that is where its at in Philly right now. Next will be officer involved shooting of some of these kids and that will be sad. Time for some good old fashioned curfews.
Put the kiddies to bed by 9pm if they can't behave themselves.:D

Something akin to the anarchist "gathering" in Eugene some years back. A rather large mob (hooded to hide their identity) decides to get together in a park, marches down to 7th/8th street to disrupt traffic, and as things heat up, start jumping on people's cars etc. Few things in the grand scheme of humanity are worse than a mob mentality.
Of course when a few car owners stepped up and defended themselves and their property the anarchists started hollering for police protection.
Nothing more hypocritical than an anarchist demanding a representative of the state/city/county government bail them out!
Cowards all.

Just wondering, why not use flash mob to our advantage? The 2nd Amendment community can arrange an open carry flash mob. A get together at a gun friendly establishment, a restaurant or a coffee shop perhaps?

I don't know how many here reads Doonesbury, but last week it's been ragging on Starbucks for allowing open carry in their shop.

Just wondering, why not use flash mob to our advantage? The 2nd Amendment community can arrange an open carry flash mob. A get together at a gun friendly establishment, a restaurant or a coffee shop perhaps?

I don't know how many here reads Doonesbury, but last week it's been ragging on Starbucks for allowing open carry in their shop.

That sound like the worst idea given the context of this thread. Imagine these crazy teenagers that are beating people, smashing, stealing stuff. And then put shotguns and glocks in their hand.

Yup- old news and mostly harmless-some of you guys sound like old phart "stay off the lawn!" types. Lighten up!

That sound like the worst idea given the context of this thread. Imagine these crazy teenagers that are beating people, smashing, stealing stuff. And then put shotguns and glocks in their hand.

Sounds great to me. The only problem would Starbucks keeping up with orders

56kninja like many people only glance at the context before forming an opinion. He totally missed the point of making a positive event out of a current negative one.

Yup- old news and mostly harmless-some of you guys sound like old phart "stay off the lawn!" types. Lighten up!

I'm more like THIS old phart "stay off my lawn" type.... but mine are black, has a pistol grip... and holds WAY more rounds!! :D :s0155:

11580500_gal.jpg 11455262_gal.jpg

I didn't mean for the 2nd Amendment community to piggy back on someone else's scheduled flash mob. It didn't even have to be in a restaurant or coffee house, it could be in a park or beach. A spontaneous picnic of gunnies and their family.

Most flash mobs aren't excuses for criminal behavior and they're not riots by any stretch of the imagination. They're the next generation flexing its muscles according to their own rules. Heck, my daughter's in Philly, and I'm not worried.

Some of their antics seem like high art and social commentary, if I do say so, like what they did at Abercrombie:
http://laughingsquid.com/111-shirtless-men-go-shopping-at-abercrombie-and-fitch/
FYI, A&F has shirtless male models inside the store displaying their abs, so flooding the place with geeky, average guys who then simultaneously took off their shirts seems like poetic justice to me.
YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads