JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spent the summer outside a 1 stoplight town in eastern Idaho. Just got home a few days ago. Man, what a difference. I could walk out back and shoot everything I brought except the tannerite. World class trout fishing 4 miles away. But I did order a cookbook this morning and it was on my doorstep 3 hours later and made 4 trips to different gun stores yesterday to start my first AR build. Pros and cons I guess
Where in eastern Idaho? I used to live there decades ago as a younger teenager. Fly fished like crazy...

How about this?

Build a giant slingshot, and practice launching water balloons from your back yard into the street in front of your place. Get someone to watch through a front window who can give you feedback on your phone about where your shots are landing, so you know how/where to aim.

Then - if you are so unlucky as to be visited by The Mob, make up ten or twenty water balloons with interesting additives. Dye, skunk juice, etc. Nothing lethal, but definitely something that should make people want to leave in a hurry.

If it's night time when they show up at your place, they probably won't even know where the balloons are coming from. Thump'em with a few, and I bet they'll leave.

Of course, you'd have to live with whatever stench you laid down on the street, until it wore off. But you probably wouldn't have to shoot anyone.

And if you did paint a bunch of people some weird color - and made them stink to high heaven - maybe they'd think twice about bothering people at their homes during the night.

Just an idea.

Cool concept and would be fun, but a response is exactly what they are looking for. Any reason to escalate the situation they created gives them more power and will increase their offense. Besides, they likely haven't showered in a week anyway, they won't notice the stench.

Just like a pestering little sister, your best bet is to ignore them. They will get bored and move on.

Where in eastern Idaho? I used to live there decades ago as a younger teenager. Fly fished like crazy...
My family lives outside Victor, ID. I picked up fly fishing just this summer and was immediately addicted. Literally went fishing 5 days a week minimum. Have been looking to go since I got back to Seattle but can't seem to find where the good spots are. Sounds like the fly fishing out here may be more wet flies and swing fishing

Cave Falls in Yellowstone
8C7D3959-B474-48F9-BA9C-7A5BAB6853B1.jpeg

Teton River
19B9742C-0A38-46E1-84F7-3718AD276478.jpeg

Madison River in Yellowstone
A5CE19AB-92E1-4B15-9B97-B2B6C0C62D58.jpeg

My family lives outside Victor, ID. I picked up fly fishing just this summer and was immediately addicted. Literally went fishing 5 days a week minimum. Have been looking to go since I got back to Seattle but can't seem to find where the good spots are. Sounds like the fly fishing out here may be more wet flies and swing fishing

Cave Falls in Yellowstone
View attachment 750885

Teton River
View attachment 750886

Madison River in Yellowstone
View attachment 750887

Try using leech and minnow imitators on sinking lines and hitting local lakes and ponds for small mouth and large mouth. Go smaller for perch, bluegill too.

Try using leech and minnow imitators on sinking lines and hitting local lakes and ponds for small mouth and large mouth. Go smaller for perch, bluegill too.
I loved the experience of dry fly fishing for trout. I did a little spinner and wet fly, but it wasn't quite the same as getting a perfect presentation then staring at that fly on top of the water with the anticipation of watching it get taken

What has this country devolved into when a mob can surround your home, disturb your peace, and threaten your very existence, all with complete impunity?
Then, when you are INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME and prepare your defense, YOU are the one arrested?
There is a seriously phuq'd-up disconnect in what is lawful and what is not in this country right now... o_O

The ORS provision for Brandishing is at ORS 166.190. And the provision for Menacing is at ORS 163.190. Going back and looking at the video, what should the homeowner have done differently? This is Open Carry 101, people.

I loved the experience of dry fly fishing for trout. I did a little spinner and wet fly, but it wasn't quite the same as getting a perfect presentation then staring at that fly on top of the water with the anticipation of watching it get taken
Try northeastern Oregon: Minam, Wallowa, Lostine, Grand Rhonde Rivers.
Or central Idaho: North, Middle, and South Forks Clearwater Rivers, Lochsa River.

When I lived in Idaho Falls from '73-'75 as a young teenager, used to fly fish Birch Creek a lot. It was where I first learned how to do it.
From Terreton, head up the Birch Creek valley towards Leadore on Salmon Highway, I think it was (it was ~45 years ago, I might not remember exactly how to get there).
Fished all along the creek. First time I ever actually saw a fish's mouth open below the surface and grab a fly was on that creek.
That was AWESOME to see! I was hooked after that...

Last Edited:
Prosecution will be purely political. There's a bar owner in Omaha who shot a guy in SD, the prosecutor declined charges for that reason, and then community leaders, i.e., rioters and agenda pushers, turned the screws and now he is going to trial on a slew of charges.

I read one of those and the bar owner and accomplice went out onto the street and attacked someone who was not (no longer or never, hard to say) attacking the building. A lady jumped in on the struggle and one of the bar owner group pulled a firearm and supposedly shot two warning shots. That may not automatically make him the bad guy but it does muddy the water a bit. And warning shots are usually a really bad idea.

I read one of those and the bar owner and accomplice went out onto the street and attacked someone who was not (no longer or never, hard to say) attacking the building. A lady jumped in on the struggle and one of the bar owner group pulled a firearm and supposedly shot two warning shots. That may not automatically make him the bad guy but it does muddy the water a bit. And warning shots are usually a really bad idea.

What about warning piss? Can I piss in their general direction as a warning?:D

Cops: "Can you describe the weapon he used to piss at you?"

Witness: "It was loooooooonnn...."

The prosecution wants to admit into evidence Exhibit D, Mr. Bushman, would you please?

My pleasure....zzzziiiippppp!

Jury stands and applauds. Not guilty! Stay fabulous!!!

The way I heard it was that the guy's dad was outside being hassled, so he went out and at one point lifted his shirt to show he was armed, then he got attacked by a two people (warning shots) and they ran off and then Scurlock jumped on his back and put him in a choke hold. Defender then reached around over his shoulder and shot the guy who ws choking him in the clavicle which turned out to be fatal.

So yeah, warning shots are a bad idea but so is getting choked to death.

From the 2nd article. Emphasis mine:
Special Prosecutor Frederick Franklin said much of the evidence that "undermined" the self-defense assessment came from Gardner himself.

"The grand jury was able to able to get evidence into Mr. Gardner's state of mind". Franklin said jurors were able to get insight into Gardner's "state of mind" and his actions before the shooting from his phone and Facebook account.

"There was evidence that was gathered and presented to the grand jury about activity that Jake Gardner was engaged in prior to even coming in contact with James Scurlock," he said, according to KETV. "Evidence to reasonably be construed as an intent to use a firearm for purposes of killing someone."

Interpretation: We read his online activity and are using that to read his mind and hang him for defending himself.

No telling what he "actually" said, but a statement as simple as "I carry in case a mob attacks me" can be reasonably construed as intent to kill with a firearm, even though you're within your rights to defend yourself. As our famous resident musketeer (Technically, muzzleloader) is keen on saying, be extremely careful what you say on this forum. Be thoughtful of if and how you express your righteous anger

Last Edited:
From the 2nd article. Emphasis mine:
Special Prosecutor Frederick Franklin said much of the evidence that "undermined" the self-defense assessment came from Gardner himself.

"The grand jury was able to able to get evidence into Mr. Gardner's state of mind". Franklin said jurors were able to get insight into Gardner's "state of mind" and his actions before the shooting from his phone and Facebook account.

"There was evidence that was gathered and presented to the grand jury about activity that Jake Gardner was engaged in prior to even coming in contact with James Scurlock," he said, according to KETV. "Evidence to reasonably be construed as an intent to use a firearm for purposes of killing someone."

Interpretation: We read his online activity and are using that to read his mind and hang him for defending himself.

No telling what he "actually" said, but a statement as simple as "I carry in case a mob attacks me" can be reasonably construed as intent to kill with a firearm, even though you're within your rights to defend yourself. As our famous resident musketeer (Technically, muzzleloader) is keen on saying, be extremely careful what you say on this forum. Be thoughtful of if and how you express your righteous anger
I really hope that's all it is since a good attorney can deal with that. If it was an emotional outburst it could be way worse. This will be one to keep an eye on. We all know how these things get spun up in the press and frequently turn out to be pretty much the opposite of whatever the first headlines imply.

Not a mob, just a lone BLM peaceful protestor:

The shooter was wearing a "Justice for Breonna Taylor" t-shirt. Naturally, the national media has completely ignored this story — which certainly would not have been the case if a mass shooter had been wearing a "Trump" shirt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top