JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A video of people suddenly being ousted from a restaraunt -- half way through when the mob has gotten past the patio people are still sitting in their chairs and are encouraged to leave by having the dishes on the table smashed (at 1:26) -- pretty shocking.

Direct downloadable link: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1302059901712248834/pu/vid/1280x720/FgWh1m7ZUjb4mfco.mp4?tag=10

My plan would be to get away of course, and this mob seemed OK with letting people get away, but what would be good to think about -- and what would be good to have -- when the mob has escalated to not letting people escape. How would one use defensive tools without being overwhelmed? At what point is a gun reasonable? To what extent does pulling any sort of weapon make one a target? I mean seriously -- what is a person supposed to do in this circumstance to protect oneself AND not get charged with a felony?

Personally, if I had been at one of the inside tables, I would have run for the back door right away, but it seems that didn't occur to anyone in the restaurant. That's not much of a plan though, and I'd have to have been one of the lucky people inside who got a little bit of a warning.

First thing I do upon entering any establishment, look for the exits, designate PACE (Primary-Alternate-Contingency-Emergency) preferred emergency exits and PACE routings to each. Most restaurant managers, when I explain about the kind of person I've stood between them and the ones they intended to harm, are generally understanding, and occasionally I even find one who'll share their own Plan B's. :)

A video of people suddenly being ousted from a restaraunt -- half way through when the mob has gotten past the patio people are still sitting in their chairs and are encouraged to leave by having the dishes on the table smashed (at 1:26) -- pretty shocking.

Direct downloadable link: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1302059901712248834/pu/vid/1280x720/FgWh1m7ZUjb4mfco.mp4?tag=10

My plan would be to get away of course, and this mob seemed OK with letting people get away, but what would be good to think about -- and what would be good to have -- when the mob has escalated to not letting people escape. How would one use defensive tools without being overwhelmed? At what point is a gun reasonable? To what extent does pulling any sort of weapon make one a target? I mean seriously -- what is a person supposed to do in this circumstance to protect oneself AND not get charged with a felony?

Personally, if I had been at one of the inside tables, I would have run for the back door right away, but it seems that didn't occur to anyone in the restaurant. That's not much of a plan though, and I'd have to have been one of the lucky people inside who got a little bit of a warning.
Rochester Police respond.

Note to self: Invest in capsaicin pepper futures. Cha-ching.

Addendum to prior, note potential "cover" and "concealment" along each of those potential escape routes, and have a clear understanding of the difference between the two and what falls into which category.

So how do you think all those people that had their dinners interrupted are going to vote in November? I think its disgraceful and counter productive to their cause, unless they are trying to provoke an incident that gets global attention.

While I agree with almost any disparaging remark that can be made against these people -- I'm interested in practical tips, because I've never thought about such a situation as shown in that video. Most of the people just froze -- I don't want to freeze. I don't want to get arrested myself. And I want to get out safely if it ever happens to me.

I'm glad we live no where near the cities. (Making progress on even more remote location farther south; would be farther along if it wasn't for this year, but no worries, ever forward.)

And I'll leave it at that. Cigar time. Well wishes friends. :s0155:

I'm glad we live no where near the cities. (Making progress on even more remote location farther south; would be farther along if it wasn't for this year, but no worries, ever forward.)

And I'll leave it at that. Cigar time. Well wishes friends. :s0155:
Rub it in, why don'cha?! If I had my way I'd have my folks relocated to some sleepy little town along Route 66 or some similar Byway That Time Forgot...

While I agree with almost any disparaging remark that can be made against these people -- I'm interested in practical tips, because I've never thought about such a situation as shown in that video. Most of the people just froze -- I don't want to freeze. I don't want to get arrested myself. And I want to get out safely if it ever happens to me.

I don't know, maybe throw that patio torch at them and hope it explodes, or try to turn it into a flame thrower. Unless you have something belt fed with a good assistant, your best bet is to head for the back door or blend in with the crowd and get the F out of there.

6EB4C624-A45F-4D21-B176-E9920B921576.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads