JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking around for a middle of the road flash light with pressure switch I have seent eh cheap ones around but not sure if they will work for long but the $100+ surfires seem to expensive doesnt any one make a $40-$50 reliable flash for for mounting on a gun ??

something like this

UAG_FLASHLIGHT_SPECS.jpg

Those UA ones are fairly decent... I've had one for awhile. The Surefires are nice but you pay a lot more for them. I guess it depends on how much you really use them. For the occasional user (like me) the UA one has been fine. :cool:

Are you mounting a light on a weapon that you intend to use to defend yourself if necessary? If so this is my advice:

Shop around for a cheap deal on a Surefire G2L or something along those lines and mount it in something like a Vtac light mount ($20, cheap but high quality)

Forgo the tape switch, IMO. Wires inevitably get caught on things and there are good ways to activate a light with a proper grip on your rifle both with and without a VFG. Feel free to ignore this this is purely my opinion.

Not 40-50 bucks but a light setup that will see you through a gunfight for under $100. I really can't speak to the reliability of the cheaper setups but as a general rule with these sorts of things you get what you pay for in my experience. I guess just ask yourself if the extra few bucks is worth it for reliability. Buy once, cry once.

If you're just mounting a light to look cool or for non-defensive night shooting (varmints? hogs? I dunno... whatever....) then I say go with whatever and hope it doesn't break.

I hear ya though, $100 and up for a flashlight just sticks in yer neck like a dry piece o' turkey.

There was a little combination light they were showing around at Welchers' the other day.

It did steady-light and a strobe that you couldn't look at and was housed in it's own picatinny mount. Seems like about $125, I wish I could get it out of my head, if you know what I mean. Meh. :eek:

If it's going to be hand held and not weapon mounted, check out the offerings from Coast. I bought an led light with a rear pressure switch from them at Costco and it is extremely bright and very durable. I have one by the bed and one I take fishing and camping. It has been dropped on rocks banged around in my pack and been submerged several times. It even worked with water IN it. Was about $30. I think Joe's carries the brand. You might get something from them and a separate mount to put it on a gun. I got one like this.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews